Chapter 40

*Swoosh*

Asterion arrived at his room of the magic tower and he laid Eurielle on the bed.

He checked her pulse once again and there was no heartbeat.

"F'ck."

He was all icky from the blood but he could care less about it at the moment.

He pressed his hand on Eurielle's left chest and tried to feel her spiritual mana if there's still left because it's his last hope right now.

"!!!!"

Eurielle's spiritual mana... Was blocked.

He might have found the answer to his questions after all.

About what happened to Eurielle and why she was acting strangely one day... It was all because of this.

Blockage of spiritual mana can only happen once dark magic is involved.

For now, he needs to unseal that blocked mana of hers so that her heartbeat comes back.

And once her heartbeat is back, he can begin the healing from then.

Asterion placed his lips on hers and connected his mana to hers in order to start unsealing the blockage.

....

*Ding*

Eurielle's tightly closed eyes twitched a bit when she heard the sound.

She opened her eyes and looked around her.

'What happened?'

She remembered that she fell. That knight pushed her and she fell on the ground.

Eurielle touched the back of her head and there was no injury or whatsoever.

*Ding*

She turned to see where the sound came from and saw a machine. Inside that machine was a served meal.

She strode towards the machine and saw the same dish that was served to her everyday there..

Her eyes widened as she discovered she was back inside that suffocating room again.

She was back.

"Was it all a dream?"

She mumbled as she recalled the memories she had as Eurielle.

Maybe she's back to being Elle now...

She sat on the small bed that she always slept at since the beginning.

"It's small... And suffocating." Eurielle closed her eyes, waiting for sleep to overcome her.

But as she closed her eyes, fragments of memories suddenly entered her mind as if playing a movie.

*Gasp*

"Haah, hah."

She couldn't believe it.

Eurielle and Elle....

They were the same person.

The Elle who was trapped in this small room was the same Eurielle who was branded as a villainess of a certain novel.

They were one in the first place.

It's just that, the soul was divided into two because of black magic.

*Swoosh*

Suddenly, Eurielle felt a gush of wind.

It was a familiar occurrence that Rion did when he appeared before her in those memories of her.