Chapter 5

Amy's POV

"Amy, are you dressed yet?" hollered my mother from downstairs.

"Almost!" I hollered back. I had on a white shirt, red necktie, black shorts, black knee socks, and was putting on my leather brown moccasins. I also put on my black coat, that was part of my uniform. I looked at myself in the mirror. "I look like a dork in this stupid uniform."

"Amy, get your butt down here right now!" barked my mother.

"I'm coming!" I shot back. I grabbed my backpack, and walked downstairs.

"The bus to take you to the academy will be here any minute," said my mother. "You won't be needing any lunch money. The lunches there are absolutely free."

"Cool," I said. The Garrisonburg Academy bus arrived at my house. I left my house, and there was the green bus parked outside of my home, with Garrisonburg Academy in big black letters painted on it, and also a Maryland license plate. I got on, with the female bus driver scowling at me, with a cigarette in her mouth.

I sat down, and sighed heavily. This felt like a prison bus of some sort. The bus took off and was heading towards the academy. The sky grew dark, with angry looking clouds, as I was gazing out the window at nothing particular.

The bus finally arrived at Garrisonburg Academy, a huge brick building, with the Maryland State Flag, waving around by the now gusty wind, due to a storm approaching. A bunch of strict looking teachers were outside, making sure every girl walked inside without any antics.

I got off the bus, my ears greeted by a big rumble of thunder. It was followed by some heavy rainfall, that sent me running up the steps into the school. The minute I set foot in this place, it felt like I just wanted to run back out. I was greeted by flickering lights in the hallway, the smell of cigarette smoke, filled the entire space of this building.

A lot of dirty looks from the teachers were casted my way. I saw lockers on both sides of the hallway, with hardly any padlocks, laced with some graffiti. I passed by a room, which had a sign that read Discipline Room, which had a shiny, brown door, a rectangular shaped window on the door, and a keyhole.

I continued walking on the black and white tile floor to my assigned homeroom. I walked upstairs to the second floor, due the elevator being out of order. I made it to Room 209. I sat down, and tried to make conversation with some girls, but they turned their backs, and wanted nothing to do with me.

I saw flashes of lightning from the window, and heard rumbles of thunder. I should have brought my umbrella. I saw a sign that said: You screw up, you get put in the Discipline Room!

What a place this is. I am really gonna love it here.

This story was written on Tuesday, November 29th, 2022.

A/N Hey guys! What do you think of Garrisonburg Academy? What came to your mind, when reading this chapter? Tell me your thoughts! Don't be a silent reader! Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this book with others! Thanks guys! Love you all!! 💛✨💚💜💙😘