Iris and Maine

The next couple of weeks flew by. We went into New York City and saw Wicked, it was great. We also climbed a mountain, it was more hiking really, but we still did it. The other item we had checked off was skipping school. Only Rory got caught, and his Mom said she didn't mind that much because he had a 4.0, and she told him not to do it again.

Mom and I went out to dinner with Bill a couple more times. It wasn't too bad.

I was also working on training Molly, which was going well.

I found out that Colton had been forced to go spend the weekend with his sister, and his phone had been taken away. I was glad it was just that, and not something bad.

It was lunchtime right now, and our table was crowded. It had the six of us, Audra, Charles, Natalie, Liam, and Theo.

"You know, I have some chemistry homework to finish. I'm going to the library." I said.

"I'll go with you. I have an English paper due today." Colton said.

He grabbed my hand and we left the cafeteria together.

"Do you really have an English paper due?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I finished it. Do you really have chem homework?"

I giggled. "I always have chemistry homework."

My grade had actually gone up to a C, which was something to celebrate as far as I was concerned.

We walked up to the roof, and sat there, waiting for everyone else.

"You should come over after we get back from vacation. You can finally meet my mom." I said.

"I know your mom."

"Yeah, but you haven't officially met her." I said.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "It's too much pressure to meet your mom as your boyfriend. Plus, then I'd have to introduce you to my parents."

Ouch. Apparently I wasn't the type of girl he wanted to bring home.

"Well fine. Obviously you aren't as serious about this as I am."

He grabbed my hand again, and started rubbing it with his thumb. "Iris, that's not what I meant. I just meant my parents are weird. They think if I date someone, I'll get depressed again when it ends. I just don't want them ruining this for me."

My expression softened. "I'm just serious about this. I really care about you." I reached up to touch his jaw.

He leaned in closer. "I care about you too."

"Okay, we're here now, which means we all have to be friends so Bee and I aren't the fifth and sixth wheel." Bradley announced.

"That analogy doesn't really work." Rory said.

"Did I ask you, Morgan?" Bradley said.

"Okay, so we have to discuss the plan. Bradley, where do your parents think you are this weekend?" Rory asked, changing the subject.

We were leaving tonight, because there was a four day weekend. It was to cross our road trip off the list.

"They think I am at your house, Rory." Bradley recited.

"Excellent. Colton, where do your parents think you are?"

"Your house." Colton answered.

"Bee?" Rory said.

"They think I'm at Gingers. Iris is supposedly there too. Ginger will be at my house. Rory, you'll be at Colton's, that's what your mom will think. We know this part of the plan. Let's discuss the important things." Bee said.