Salam

The Uchiha Patriarch, Tajima, did not protest my company on his mission. He offered little more than a grunt of acknowledgement when I showed up the following morning. Madara smiled at me, something that elicited an immediate smile from me.

I did not miss the way Tajima's eyes narrowed when he saw the little exchange. It was not a glare, or reproachful; rather, there was a thoughtful gleam in his eyes. It was a rare show of honest emotion from the patriarch and it was gone in the next moment.

"We travel quickly. One break before the capital," he said. "Keep up, Doctor."

"I will," I assured him.

We left the compound before dawn, and we traveled in silence for hours.
My young body had better developed when I first woke up. Since becoming aware of my reincarnation cycle, I could not help comparing body types. There was a fundamental difference that could not be ignored, no matter how many years I had already lived inside it.

While this body had more chakra than Sakura's, there was a strange frailty to it. It was not a body that came from generations of shinobi–like Miwako's, Nao's, or Naasica's.
Not for the first time, I wondered what kind of life the body had led prior to my awakening.

There was a dark void in my memories. I went to war as Sakura, then abruptly woke up as "Sasori" with a sword rammed into my gut. I didn't even remember my death as Sakura.

We stopped a few hours into our journey. I took the opportunity to take a little potty break.

Or tried to. Madara followed behind me.

"Why?" I shrewdly asked. "There's no one around."

"You don't know that. You're not supposed to go off alone, no matter the reason," explained Madara.

"You're just trying to see if I have a dick or not," I accused.

"Wha–I am not!" Madara hotly denied.

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!" the pre-pubescent snarled. He lashed out and stomped on my foot, hard. "Go take your piss, then. Hope you get ambushed mid-shit!"

"Thanks," I said cheerily, pleased to have won my privacy.

H̰̝̔̓͐ͧ̚e͙̫̭̣̭͑̒ͣ̚l͙̣̬̈́̃͒̄l̩̱̮ͅo̪̩͑ͯ̀ͬ,̩̖̬̜͐͋ ̬̥̳ͯd̪͂ͫȍ̺̩͓͔̮ ̘͒ͩy̆̒̑o̖̦̘ű̝͔̱̙̄ ͙̭̫͕͗͂̓̾r̜̟͇̠͌̐ͭe̱̺̺̝m̰̭ė̮ͤ̑̐̀mͮ̄b̪̟̭ͧͭ̇̓ͅẽ̯̤͕́r̖ͫ ̗͒̀̍̂̉m͉̜̊ͯ̃̒͆e̱͉̊́̉̇ͧͅ?̟̝ͬ̓ͥ͗͗ͅ

Tajima left us upon reaching the city. We could not assist in his mission, he only offered the chance for Madara to join him so Madara could get used to visiting the city.
The city was... loud.

Shivers ran up my arms.

It had been a long time since I had been in such a heavily populated area. So accustomed to living in the forest, I was hyper aware of many sounds. Everything was too loud and smelled awful. In an era without plumbing (yet), the streets reeked of literal shit and piss. Human or animal, it was hard to say.