299: A Realisation

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 299: A Realisation

———

Neji swiftly retracted the dark spear he made using a ‹Truth-Seeking-Orb› – pulling it out from within Isshiki "Jigen" Ōtsutsuki's heart.

The parasitic alien's dead body fell to the ground and blood started to pour out of his neck which was destroyed along with his head with ‹Kamui›.

[Ding! You have killed a Peak Tier-9 foe!]

[You have earned 32,863 EXP!]

[You have levelled up 19 times!]

[You have attained Level 2000!]

[Ding! Due to crossing another 500 in Levels, you have attained a new Divinity!]

[Ding! Due to reaching Level 2000, your Voidmancer Class has reached Level 20!]

[In the last few hours, Voidmancer Class has earned a total of 11 new Skills! °Current Skill Count is 21!]

[Would you like to view the Divinity and the Skills?]

[Y/N]

Neji swiftly clicked 'N'. He was very happy to see that he was finally Level 2000, but Rumi was more important here. He was unwilling to waste his time to view all this. The battle of this world had ended, so he wasn't in any hurry and therefore could always check these later.

[Then I'll stop the notifications for now, Master.] Sisty suddenly said. [There are some important notis such as the Kama, but it does not necessarily require immediate action.]

Neji thanked Sisty in his head, barely recognising the word 'Kama' before discarding it.

"Rumi,"

Neji turned to the side, finding his 9"6 tall rabbit girl staring down at Isshiki's dead body. Their gazes met, and Rumi nodded in silent agreement before Neji put Isshiki inside his inventory for later use.

"Let's not waste any more time." Neji said. "I wish to continue our conversation from where we left off. Let's end the Infinite Tsukuyomi."

"Same here. Otherwise this would be one creepy night."

Rumi said and then started to rise in the air.

"Ah. I can uncast it too, by the way. If you are feeling tired-"

Neji started, flying behind her, but Rumi cut him off with a laugh.

"You don't have to do that," Rumi said. "I got this covered."

* * *

Seconds later, Rumi stopped high in the sky, right beside Neji. Her long grey hair which was thrice the length of her height fluttered under the moonlight, reflecting it dimly while Neji's silver hair reflected it sharply.

Rumi moved in front of Neji. For a moment, she just stared at him. Then, she smiled.

"Before I start," she said. "You sure you don't wanna kill a portion of the population?"

"...?"

Rumi looked more confused at his confused reaction.

"You get stronger by killing people. You told us. Then wouldn't it be such a shame to let this many people free?"