scarlett

I felt something hit the back of my head in the middle of Transfiguration class. I turned around furrowing my brows to see who threw it, only to see Marlene flickering her eyes to me and the ground.

I picked up the note when Mcgonagalls back was facing us. In her messy handwriting she had scribbled, i'm sorry, lunch today? I contemplated on my answer. I was angry for a different reason, I was mad because she didn't value the friendship enough to apologize sooner. Instead, here we are 18 days later and finally an apology.

I decided to answer her in person, a small piece of parchment paper wasn't enough for me to give a proper response.

In the midst of my thoughts, I felt my head throb and almost as if I wasn't alone with my thoughts. I understood what my mom meant now. I furrowed my brows, gazing around to see who could possibly be the intruder. When I noticed Snape, right next to me, uncomfortably shift in his seat.

I didn't sit with him by choice, but lately Minnie seemed like she had it out for me. Maybe pushing my buttons enough to where I have to beg for help. She had assigned us new seats, claiming that sitting with friends wasn't a challenge and that one day we'll be working alongside people we never expected to. Such bullshit.

I raised a brow at him, but he didn't look at me as I was obviously staring at him. I kicked his shin, hoping he would look at me, instead he quietly groaned and stared at his notes.

"Scarlett, is there something interesting about Severus that your attention is on him instead of me?" Minnie asked, my attention still on him.

"I would tell you but you wouldn't believe me" I said, the whole class turning to look at us as I decided finally look at her. "Forgive me for disturbing the class, carry on"

"I certainly don't need your approval to 'carry on'" She argued, but continued with the class.

Class ended shortly, Snape quickly packing his things and leaving before I could even get a word in. I was determined though and I quickly ran after him, still shoving my books in my bag as I followed him, pushing everyone and hearing many protests until I grabbed his forearm and forcefully pulling him aside.

"What is wrong with you?!" He exclaimed trying to get out of my grasp, but I held on to him as best as I could.

"I should be asking you that" I scoffed, loosening my grip as he relaxed. I whispered my next words, knowing Hogwarts students loved to eavesdrop. "What are you trying to find?"

"It was an accident" He cleared his throat and looked like he was about to leave, but I grabbed him again, stopping him leaving. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again"

"I don't trust you"

"And I don't trust you" He replied, looking into my eyes with a stern look. "Tell me, Scarlett - did they announce Xavier dead already? Seems like there's a pattern going on within your family"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, trying not to lose my confidence as my heart started to beat faster.

He only shrugged, walking away and this time I let him. Unsure of what to think of his words. I leaned on the wall in corridor that was now emptying. At this point, I should just go back to New york. It seemed like the only option at this point.

Eventually, I moved away from the wall and headed towards Potions, where I was sure I wasn't going to pay attention to a single thing. My mind was in shock from the fear that I had gained.

I walked in with my head down, avoiding everyone's gaze as I sat next to James. It felt like I was underwater right now, Slughorns voice was muffled and all I heard was a small ringing in my ear, until James nudged me a bit, bringing me back to reality.