Esteban Ocon; A Very Special Gift.

Y'ALL KNOW ALREADY, I TOLD YOU ALL. The ring will be pictured, it's gonna be silver with my favourite stone cut shape and setting. Also LMAO I LITERALLY HAVE QUOTED LOVE ACTUALLY AND NOTTING HILL. Sorry its a bit short, I find it hard to write for Esteban atm😅
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"What's so magical about saying I do?" Constance said, turning to her on screen love interest.

"Well," David, the love interest in question, turned round to her and took her hands, swinging them slightly as he stood before Constance. "It's the truest commitment for a couple to have before they spend the rest of their lives together."

"But it's not, is it, David?" (Y/N) yelled at the television, watching their falsehood romance play out on the screen. "People get divorced, people break up before marriage, people gilt at the altar, you tart." She grumbled, seeing Esteban walk into the room.

"Wow, you really are a romantic woman." He bluntly stated, throwing himself on the sofa.

"Look, I love you with my whole being and if you ask me, I promise I will say yes and that I will be with you for eternity, but this is bullshit." The woman said, pointing to the screen, watching as Esteban shook his head, laughing. "What's so funny?"

"Just you, Mon amour." He said, laying his head in (Y/N)'s lap. "I know what you mean, don't worry. Look at poor Charles, so close to Christmas to be alone." He mumbled, feeling warm fingers gently brush over the short hairs on his head.

"Did you message him to check that he's okay? He's welcome to come here earlier."

"He's doing as expected, he's a little bit tired as he's been doing work things, he's processing it more than anything." Esteban sadly said, eyes trained on the screen as he thought of his friend fondly and sorely.

"Well, it's been about five years for us, Este, I'm still in love with you like the first day we met." She said, pressing a kiss to the side  of his head. He rolled over and quickly stole a kiss from her lips, humming softly as his hand gently rested on the back of her head. "J'taime, my darling." She whispered, nuzzling her nose against his.

---------&---------

The way they met was your typical meet-cute with a twist. (Y/N) was a newer fan to F1 and when her previous employer, a regional sports programme in Normandy, gave her an all-access paddock pass for the 2017 Belgian Grand Prix, she was more than thrilled to rub shoulders with giants. She went to grab a coffee from the local on-site cafe for the press and she turned around and bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry!" She squeaked, looking up at the wall of a human that stood before her. Her eyes travelled up a lithe figure who grinned at her, waving a hand to smoothe over the mishap.

"Please, it's my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going!" Esteban said, grinning down at the young woman. He was taken in immediately by her flustered appearance, to him it was endearing to see her cheeks softly flushed, her (E/C) doe eyes wide with shock and her (H/C) locks rustle in the breeze that gently wafted around them. "I--I'm Esteban, it was nice to run into you." He stuttered, holding his hand out.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N), it's a pleasure to meet you." She shyly said, taking his hand and loosely shaking it. "I was about to get a drink from the cafe, did you want to join me?"

"I can't I'm afraid," he sounded truly disappointed. "I have to get off to an interview for my home county's sports channel, I would if I could."

"Are you due for an interview with Normandie Télévision?" She hesitantly asked, watching as he nodded. "I wouldn't be too concerned about that, the interviewer is really chilled out right now."