Chapter 60 🌼

[Name] attempted to run towards Sumiko but was struck back by Muzan as blood leaked from below [Name]'s collarbone.

"Tsuyuri! Focus on Muzan!" Iguro ordered as [Name] watched Kanroji get sliced in the chest, Tomioka in the shoulder and leg, and Iguro in the chest. [Name] watched the attack head towards him at speeds [Name] knew he would not be able to match.

However, a spiked flail destroyed the oncoming attack as [Name] sighed in relief at Himejima's appearance.

"Sorry for being late," Himejima apologised as [Name] batted away another attack from Muzan. However, Muzan was suddenly sliced down the middle of his head as Shinazugawa dumped what [Name] could smell as a flammable substance before Muzan was lit ablaze.

"I'll kill you, you piece of shit!" Shinazugawa snarled.

[Name] and Tomioka noticed another demon slayer crawling out of the debris. "Murata! Take Sumiko to a safe place and treat her wounds!" Tomioka ordered.

The battle continued.

The six remaining hashiras fought as their skin was sliced open from all angles, and most were relying on pure luck to dodge the demon progenitors' attacks. Kanroji was severely injured as Iguro rushed towards her, leaving the four Hashiras to take their places.

Muzan was speeding up... or were the hashiras slowing down? It didn't matter. If they slip up for one moment, they're dead.

[Name] quickly tackled Tomioka out of the way of an attack as the water hashira had lost his grip on his katana. Handing it back to him, [Name] continued in the fight.

Coughing as the poison circulated through his body, [Name] spat up bubbling blood as he knew they would not make it to sunrise at this rate. Suddenly, [Name] looked up, confused, as a feline was high in the sky, and suddenly something dug into [Name]'s skin, and the searing pain in [Name]'s body from the poison stopped, and [Name] looked away as the cat was sliced in half.

"Don't struggle; it's all in vain! Just die!" Muzan yelled as [Name] jumped back as he was sliced from the stomach upwards.

[Name] watched how an attack headed straight for Iguro, who looked like he was passing out. "Iguro!" Shinazugawa and [Name] screamed as Tomioka launched an attack to save him, but the serpent hashira appeared in the air.

Suddenly, Zenko and Inoko formed out of what seemed to be air as talismans dropped from their heads. Iguro's sword had also shone a bright red as Muzan took more time than usual to heal from Iguro's attack. Himejima clashed his spiked flail and axe together as the weapons turned that crimson red.

"Tomioka! Tsuyuri! Prepare yourselves!" Shinazugawa yelled before the three's katanas clashed and lit up in a strong red hue.

"One hour and three minutes until dawn!" The crow let out a series of loud caws as Shinazugawa made a passing comment on how they were going to chop Muzan up into little pieces.

[Name] ran, grabbing a talisman and sticking it to his forehead, watching as Inoko, Zenko, and Shinazugawa came into view. [Name] noted that those wearing the talismans can see each other.

"Look closely at his body!" [Name] heard Himejima shout. "Does your vision change? Does he look transparent?" [Name] looked closely at Muzan, and for a split second, [Name] spotted multiple hearts and brains scattered in different locations throughout Muzan's body.

However, his vision returned to normal not long after.

Sudden rumbles made everyone crash into buildings as [Name] gasped and looked up at Muzan. Himejima was sat up against a building, missing a leg, and crushed under rubble.