Chapter 15. The Final Match

Timeskip

Setting

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Narrating

[POV Change]

----------------------------------------------------------

[(Y/N)'s POV]

UA Sports Festival Stadium

The crowd was dead silent at the time. However, one of them suddenly started clapping for Bakugo, even though he wasn't present and was in the ER. Other members of the crowd soon joined them and applauded for the Pomeranian's hard effort, causing me to furrow my eyebrows slightly. 'They should be cheering for me.' I thought to myself as I stood in the arena. As Shoto then made his way into the arena, flames began sprouting from the corners, hyping up the crowd once again. "It's finally the last battle of the UA High School Sports Festival! The top of the first years will be decided with this one match! The final, so to speak!" Present Mic exclaimed as the crowd began cheering in excitement once again. "From the hero course, Shoto Todoroki! Versus... also from the hero course, (Y/N) Beifong!" Present Mic then announced, introducing the two of us. "Now... start!" Midnight ordered, causing the crowd to cheer once again as if they hadn't been silent just a few minutes ago. Halfy instantly kneeled on the ground and placed his right hand on the floor, causing me to smirk. "What? Surrendering already, Elsa? Or are you proposing?" I asked, ever so confident. "I'm sorry, but I think we'd be better off as friends. Not even friends, actually. I'm not sure I like you that much." I told him, and I could tell that I was starting to hit a nerve

"Shut up." He calmly demanded as his hand released a flurry of sharp ice concentrated right at me. In retaliation, I simply raised a thin slab of concrete in front of me. As the two collided, the ice shattered into pieces while the concrete stood strong. "You do know that ice gets destroyed when it hits something hard, right?" I asked as he got off his knee and stood back up. This time, he sent a carpet of ice my way with his foot instead of sending a bunch of spiky ice my way. This time, the wall of concrete that I had created was covered by the ice before the approaching, cold plague stopped inches away from my feet. As Halfy sent another barrage of spiky ice in my direction, I figured out exactly what he was going to do. Because of that, I was able to get a headstart and run to my right as the ice collided with the ice-covered wall, the wall being the one that was shattered this time. I quickly started skating using the ground, attempting to escape from the incoming icebergs and the faster carpet of ice, which I assumed was still there to destroy any walls I might set up to block the spiky ice.

As the ice began to get closer to me, I swiftly raised two pillars of concrete and bent them so that they powerfully smashed down upon the ice carpet and the spiky icebergs, effectively stopping them and allowing me to stop skating and breathe for a second. "Rock type is super effective against ice type because rocks destroy ice, and ice type is super effective against ground type because it covers it and can make it crack," I muttered to myself, reminding myself of very important things as I saw Halfy prepare another attack. I wasn't going to let him freely stay on the offensive for long, however. He seemed to be opting for long-range attacks while keeping his distance, but I knew from his other fights that he could hold his own in close combat. Unfortunately for him, so could I. I quickly began skating in his direction, which he instantly took notice of. He sent another carpet of ice my way, but I quickly took care of it by rolling up the concrete it was on into a sphere, which I then threw out of bounds.

I then both of my hands forward in a hugging motion, raising the ground beneath me as if it was a tsunami. I lifted some of the concrete from the 'wave' before fitting it around my hands, effectively creating gloves made of concrete. I felt Halfy beginning to freeze the concrete tsunami, however, and so I made it start descending towards him, just like how a real tsunami would be upon a city. He sped up his efforts in freezing the tsunami, succeeding, and forcing me to jump off since I didn't want to get caught in the ice. The second my feet touched the ground, I felt a sharp and cold pain shooting through them. 'The bastard covered the floor in ragged ice.' I thought to myself in realisation. I acted quickly, lifting some nearby concrete and breaking through the ice that covered it before bringing it to myself. I lowered it to my feet before moulding it around them, creating concrete shoes for my bleeding feet. The ice on the concrete had blocked my ability to read vibrations through the ground, leaving me open to an attack. I quickly raised my right foot and smashed it down upon the ground, breaking through the ice and allowing me to read the vibrations through the actual ground once again. That allowed me to realise that another one of Halfy's icebergs was headed straight for me and was only inches away.

Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to react quickly enough, and so, therefore, I got struck by the iceberg right in the middle of my face, causing it to shatter upon impact with my face and body while also sending me back a reasonable distance. I was only able to stop myself from going back even further by sending the concrete gloves and shoes I was wearing to the ground, which brought me along with them. "I've had enough of your games," I said to Shoto as I stood up and wiped the blood off of my nose and lip. I stomped my right foot onto the ground, causing the fighting area to shake, effectively separating all the ice from the concrete. As I then felt him send an iceberg bigger than any he had sent so far, I lifted the sides of the arena before smashing them against each other, as if a book had been violently shut in between Shoto and me. This had not only destroyed the iceberg, but all the ice that had conquered the ground. As soon as the floor had returned to normal, I was already halfway across, using small pillars to constantly launch me forward. Shoto tried to send more icebergs my way, however, I simply kept destroying them by punching them with my concrete-covered hands. "Enough with the stupid fucking icebergs, you icy piece of dogshit! Stop spamming the same thing over and over again! Have some class and originality!" I spat out at him, full of rage as I was more than sick of his idiotic icebergs.

"Shut your mouth already, you molerat!" Shoto angrily yelled back, also annoyed. As I was getting closer, Shoto instantly raised a defensive wall of ice, acting as if it would actually help him. I lowered the part of the ground that held the wall into the depths of hell, creating a small gap in the ground and giving me a clear opening. I launched myself forward with another small pillar as Shoto raised another defensive wall made of ice, this time keeping it inches away so that I wouldn't be able to lower it down as well. He just didn't know how high my ceiling was, though, as I was easily able to lower the ground underneath it as well. I was only inches away from the wall as I lowered it, and so I had sent a left hook right as the wall was being lowered. I had sent pillars at my left arm to boost the speed and power that I would strike Shoto at. The second that Shoto saw the ice wall being lowered, he raised both of his arms to his head to defend himself, thinking that I would attack his head and giving me the perfect opportunity. My concrete-covered, pillar-powered left hand connected with his liver faster than he could lower his arms and guard himself, landing a clean Liver shot.

I could feel the vibrations shooting throughout Shoto's body, especially a few of his ribs cracking and the effects of the Liver shot. Shoto was silent for a few seconds and did nothing, however, he suddenly fell over to his side with his eyes closed. 'Just as I thought.' I thought to myself as I smirked and removed the concrete from my hands and feet. The smirk then turned to a smile as Midnight noticed that Halfy was unconscious and raised her non-combat whip. "Shoto Todoroki is unable to continue! Which means, (Y/N) Beifong wins!" She announced as the crowd erupted into cheers, and I raised the hand that I knocked out Halfy with. Although I kept my palm open instead of having a closed fist. I then turned my body so that I was facing Endeavour's direction and began waving him off with a smile on my face. "And now, all of the events have been completed! The winner of this year's first-year UA Sports Festival is from Class A, (Y/N) Beifong!"