Ch 647: A Shame

The sound of footsteps echoed in the hall. Feathery red hair bounced with each step the person took. One looked at her face; people knew she was not amused at the moment.

From her expression alone, people could see how much she did not want to be here. Sadly, the person that she wanted to see stayed here as its resident.

She stopped in front of the only door that was in this dark corridor. Illuminating the door was just a simple lamp.

Taking in a deep breath, she opened the door while dreading what she was going to see.

"..."

It was worse than what she expected.

Behind the door was a simple bedroom. Some furniture could be seen, a bed, a chair and a table. However, what she was more focused on was who was sitting on the bed at the moment.

In her hand was a cup of yoghurt and she knew it was blueberry-flavour.

"Oh! Fiammetta! You're here!" Greeting her, Mostima smiled. Then she looked at the cup of yoghurt in her hand and chuckled, "This should be yours, but you took so long. I got hungry, so I took a few bites."

The Fallen held out the yoghurt to her overseer with a smirk.

"You can have it if you like. There's more in it."

The now-named Fiammetta could feel her brow twitch after hearing how carefree this woman was now.

The safehouse that Mostima stayed in was utterly destroyed by an unknown force. This forced the council to place her in a more disclosed location that only a couple of high-ranking people knew about. Although that was the case, not many wanted to come here.

Why?

Simple.

Something horrible was located at a place other than Mostima.

That was the other reason why she did not want to come here. Something about this place felt....

Wrong.

However, Mostima did not seem to be bothered by this.

In fact, she seemed to like her new place of stay.

Fiammetta pushed the dairy away from her face and glared at the Caster. This did not offend Mostima. She chuckled and continued to scoop it out with her spoon.

"More for me then."

With that, she continued to eat. This only annoyed her more.

"Mostima," She said through gritted teeth, "You still did not tell me what happened that night."

She was referring to the night when the safehouse was utterly destroyed. Although the Fallen had already told the council that she did not know what happened, Fiammetta knew better.

She knew that Mostima knew.

After finishing the cup of yoghurt, Mostima threw the cup and plastic spoon into the trash can next to her table.

The Fallen looked back at her Overseer.

"Like I said, I have no clue," She smirked, "The explosion just exploded out of nowhere."

"Don't deny it!" She pointed her finger at the liar, "I already talked with that man. He said that he went to that place to see you."

This surprised Mostima.

"You saw him!" Like every time that man was mentioned, Mostima's face brightened up like a goddamn sun, "How is he?! Is he okay?! Does he miss me?!"

With each question, Mostima got closer to Fiammetta, making her step back.