Ch 655: Miracle

Lily ran.

She did not know why but her body moved on its own.

One moment the princess was waiting patiently outside of the church and then she burst into the building, not caring that she made a scene.

The princess did not know why but it felt like something was screaming at her.

Telling her that Gege was in danger.

So with just that feeling, Lily ran into the church at full speed.

She heard people trying to stop her, but they were quickly silenced. Her guard must have helped her.

That fact did not matter to her though.

Her brother needed her.

She remembered Gege telling her that his meeting was at a room, back of the Church. With that small information, she let her legs carry her.

Then she saw a door not far from her. Her instinct yelled, telling her to go there.

So she did.

By kicking the door down with all of her force.

Even if she was the weakest of the family, she was still stronger than most normal people. With how easily the door crashed down in front of her, it was enough to indicate that she was no pushover.

The princess of Yan glared at the room. They were people but their faces were all a blur to her. She searched around the room and her eyes finally landed on who she wanted to see.

It was just, the sight of him did not fill with relief like it used to.

No.

It was like her stomach dropped to the lowest part of the world.

On the floor, Lin Ye was lying on the floor. People were crowded around his body. And with how his chest did not even raise no matter how long she waited.

She was too late.

"Get away from him!"

Lily heard voices but all of them were turned off as she pushed everyone away. She grasped his hand and the pit in her stomach grew.

It was cold.

The hands that were always so warm were now so cold.

"... Gege?" Her call was just a whisper now.

But he must have heard her, right?

It was Gege, so he must have heard her.

"Gege, wake up," She placed his hand on her cheek, ignoring how cold it was, "You can stop pretending now."

"..."

No reply.

"Gege? Please wake up," Her eyes started to sting, but she ignored the feeling and lightly shook his shoulder, "You promised me to go look around together. You can't do that when you're sleeping."

"..."

Nothing changed. His eyes were still closed.

"Hey... Wake up." Placing her hand on his chest, Lily shocked him again.

Her voice started to crack when she noticed she did not feel a single heartbeat in him.

But even with that, the boy in front of her did not move.

This must be a nightmare.

This should be.

Lily just got her brother back. She had so much fun just being near him. For so long she missed him. When he came back to her life, it was like the world's colours finally came back with him.