Ch 656: Angel

Drip.

Drip.

The sound of blood dripping into the salty water of the ocean could be heard with how quiet it was around Skadi.

Then she raised her foot and crushed something under her heel.

With a loud crunch. The thing's skull cracked open, making the water around her even darker.

After flicking her sword to the side to get rid of the rest of the blood, Skadi stared at her now-dead prey for today.

Although it was quite hard to distinguish what it was, from the few pieces still intact on its main body, people might think it was an octopus of some sort albeit larger than any normal-sized one.

To paint a better picture, one of its tentacles was longer than the height of a normal house.

Its skin was also strange, so black that there was a light blue glow emitting off of them.

However, Skadi knew what this thing was.

It was her kin's mortal enemies.

Seaborn.

Just thinking of it made her blood boil.

Its dark, almost black blood, bled into the ocean making the once beautiful blue water look like it was tar.

Even in death, they find a way to make the world just a bit worse.

Skadi did a quick check on her body to make sure she was fine. Some of those things are able to trick their opponent into not feeling pain, leading them to die unknowingly from injuries that they did not know existed.

Luckily she did not sustain any major injuries. There were some wounds here and there on her skin but it was nothing to worry about.

Nodding at this, Skadi placed her sword on her back and was about to leave the water. The faster she got away from the water, the better. However, she stopped when she noticed some of its blood was on her hair.

Her eyes narrowed at this.

This was one of many things that she hated about them, their blood. It was sticky and it was very uncomfortable on her hair.

Then her eyes widened, remembering something important.

The bounty hunter immediately ran her hand through the hair that was under her hat. she sighed in relief when she felt her finger bumping into something.

It was still there.

The hair clip was still there.

The pink orca hair clip was still on her.

Skadi's whole body relaxed when she started to fiddle it under her hat.

It was a habit that she picked. Every time she felt troubled or when her emotions were all over the place, she would do this. Just with this simple act, Skadi could feel her emotions all calm down.

However, the hurricane of emotion changed and was replaced with something else.

Longing.

To see the one that gave her this simple nicknack that could easily show her emotion just by its sight.

But as she finally stepped out from the water, something changed.

Pain.

That was what she was feeling. It was like a javelin struck straight into her heart.

It was so strong, Skadi almost fell to her knees at how suddenly it came.

Her breathing started to grow heavy with each air she took.