Ch 657: Snow

The tray of food that Irene was holding fell from her hands, making it spill all over the floor.

Although Irene was a clumsy person, something that the goddess of this land did not mind, it was not her fault today.

It was because the ground under her suddenly started to rumble.

Fearing the worst, Irene dashed through the hall to find the goddess.

The safest place to be near her.

Her words, not Irene's. And with who she was, Irene did not doubt her claim.

When Irene was in the back garden of the temple, she saw the figure of one of the people that changed her life.

Normally, Irene would see Messiah enjoying some snacks while overseeing the view under the shade of her home's roof. She would let her presence be known by greeting her, her voice was slowly returning back to her now. Although Irene knew Messiah noticed her, she just liked to use her voice more often, a thought that the goddess shared with her.

However, today, even if she still had her normal Voice, she would still be left speechless at the sight in front of her.

With how many times Irene found herself here, she remembered the scenery.

She was sure that the mountain did not list a big portion of it. It was like someone cut the top part of it.

Avalanche could be seen falling from what was left of it. Luckily no settlement was in the area, so one was harmed by all of this.

But who had done this?

Irene had a good guess on who.

The candidate should be the usual kind goddess in front of her.

However, for today, what Irene was looking at was not the usual kind and composed goddess that she got to know.

In front of her was a goddess who was barely controlling herself to not destroy the world in front of her.

In the goddess' hands was a sword that was completely made of maple leaves, barely holding on to its shape as it was vibrating like some sort of chainsaw. Irene could hear Messiah seething and her knuckle on the said sword tightened on its grip, making her hand paler by the second. The grey scarf that Messiah held so dearly in her heart, slapped in the winds that were left after her attack on the mountain. Her breath was so deep that Irene could hear it with her back facing her now.

Although she did not know what was going on, one thing Irene was sure about.

Messiah was furious.

Her seething was the only thing Irene could hear.

"They. DARE!!"

Irene's body froze at how venomous the words that came out from Messiah's mouth were.

Messiah took a deep breath in.

And she exhales it.

After regaining what semblance of composure she could find, Messiah turned herself to face her maid.

The poor girl almost passed out when had Messiah's eyes on her.

If Irene would explain what she was seeing, her eyes were like ages to hell with how fierce they were.

"Pack your bags, Irene. We're going to Rhodes Island."

"Now."

Irene did not need to be told twice and asked away to get both of their things ready.