Ch 664: To The Finale

Kal'tsit glanced at the clock in the room, quietly ticking on the wall.

Ten hours.

Ten hours passed as they tried their best to get Lin Ye to wake up.

During those hours, Kal'tsit felt so tired, like she just swam through the sea in this world. Dealing with mystical problems truly was as problematic as she remembered. Since scientific methods were as useless as poking a stick at Lin Ye, hoping that Lin Ye would wake up, they could only rely on metaphysics and theology.

One way was to literally burn him.

You could see how desperate they were now.

Worst of all, it did nothing. The only thing that changed was the scars that on his skin were completely gone.

Even Nian, the person that started the forte, was confused at what happened. Her flames shouldn't have done that. Their only use was to minimise the influence that was holding on Lin Ye, something that they have succeeded in, based on Nian's words.

However, Lin Ye's heart still did not beat.

She looked around the room and saw how tiring the day was for the others.

Ansel, still monitoring the device on Lin Ye, had bags under his eyes.

The rest of the group that followed Lin Ye to Laterano, Steward, Adnachiel and Blaze, who were guarding the door to make sure no one could come in, were starting to get tired as well.

Ying Li, who was standing near Lin Ye, was looking at his body numbly while holding his hand. Kal'tsit could see her eyes starting to get heavy now.

Nian and Warfarin were still doing their best in treating Lin Ye. Although they may be hiding it, Kal'tsit could see how this day was doing to them. Sometimes they could be seen dozing off, but a moment later they would mentally kick themselves to wake up and get back to work.

Even Kal'tsit could feel the fatigue affecting her as well. She caught herself almost dozing off a number of times.

They all needed rest, at least some of them.

"Let's stop here for today." Seeing that almost everyone had reached the limit of the body, Kal'tsit had to say, "We need to back and rest first. Nian said that he would be fine, we just needed to trust Lin Ye."

Unsurprisingly, the princess that was sitting next to Lin Ye shook her head and said in a low voice.

"How can I even sleep at times like this?"

Normally, Kal'tist wouldn't refute Ying Li. Compared to her, Kal'tsit was nothing to her. She was a doctor whilst she was the only princess of Yan.

Today was different though.

In this room, titles mean nothing.

They were not the princess of Yan and head of Rhodes Island.

In this room, they were only two people who were taking care of Lin Ye.

And one of them had more authority than the other.

"If you don't sleep, your body will force you to do so. Don't even think of saying you are not. I can see how tired you are now," With her being far older than the princess, she inadvertently took on an educational tone as if she was treating employees.

Looking at the doctor, Lily was about to rebut but Kal'tsit quickly shut her down.

"When Lin Ye wakes up and sees you collapse, don't you think he will blame himself for making you tired?"