Ch 665: Happy Birthday

Ye could feel his heart beating fast.

With so much hesitation in his body, he forced himself to open his eyes. The first thing that he saw was a flash of light, then it was immediately followed by the sound of chiming.

As the light finally settled down, he saw a pair of eyes.

So red in colour, Ye thought they were blood.

"Yes! You came home!"

He held his phone high above his head and he saw the PNG in front of him.

"Skadi The Corrupting Heart"

Ye was playing his Gacha game. He did not care he was a full-grown adult, if a game was enjoyable to play, he played it.

And Arknight was one of those games.

He always wanted to return to the game. The last time he played was when he asked Yue to marry him.

Ten years ago.

He seldom has time to himself nowadays too. With him being the local therapist of his small town, he was quite a busy man.

Based on his wife, he was quite popular amongst the folks here. People even said that he was the sole reason this town was as happy as it was now. No matter how hard Ye tried to downplay his works, the people here would take any chance that they had to praise him. Sometimes, even people outside of the town would come to seek his aid, saying that he was one of the best therapists and all that.

It caused quite a hard time for him, being a person that did not really like being praised that much.

Luckily, with who his wife was, Ye got used to it by now.

Why was he playing a mobile game in his room now? You may be asking.

The reason was simple, he was having a vacation from work now. He remembered that Arknight was a game that he was quite fond of playing but he sadly needed to stop playing after he got busy in life.

So seeing that he was free, he downloaded Arknight back on his phone.

He had to say, it was as fun as he remembered.

The Operators were all still amazing, Arts-wise and also character-wise.

The gameplay got better it seemed.

And luckily for him, the day he was playing was a rerun of the game's most popular event.

Under Tides.

And seeing that he was an adult, with adult money, he thought that he might as well pull for a unit or two.

He heard that the version of Skadi was better than the old one.

Gameplay-wise, they were right but in his personal opinion, he was leaning toward the old design more.

But why should he choose? He could get both of them.

And that's what he got for his free 10 pulls.

"Who came home, Dear?"

Turning around, Ye looked at the figure standing at his— their room's door.

"Ah, sorry for that Yue," Ye apologised with a sheepish smile, "Got excited a bit."

Lin Yue, his wife.

She was the same as the time he first met her. The woman that he married still was as cheerful and full of life as ever.

So full of life, she even tried to save some. With her being a marine biologist, she was saving millions of marine lives with the company that she started from the ground up.