Ch. 71

" Key I'm not getting out

" Key I'm not getting out."

" Yes, you is now come on."

" No, I'm not. He don't wanna see me."

" Bruh yes he do. He been asking fa you to come by, and you always lie like you can't. So, either get out or I'ma have him come out here. It's yo choice." He said causing me to sigh.

I got out of the truck, and waited as he got A'Kyrie out of the backseat. I followed behind him as he walked towards the building.

" Aye Muhammad look who I brought with us today." Key said as he walked in holding AK.

" Oh oh oh! Caliana, one moment ma'am. One moment please!" He smiled excitedly as he walked from behind the counter.

" H—Hi." I waved nervously.

" All I get is a wave? No, I want hug." He said as walked over towards me, and hugged me causing me to hug him back.

" Aye bruh, please tell this girl you don't hate ha." Key said causing Muhammad to look confused.

" No never! I love Caliana. Why would I hate her? No, I would never."

" I'm sorry. I never meant fa you to get dragged into my mess. I hate that I'm the reason you got beat up, and your store got trashed. I'm so sorry. I really am. Rjayaan 'aetini ( which means please forgive me in Arabic.)" I cried as he pulled me back into a tight hug.

Fat had slipped up, and told me what Bezel and his guys did to Muhammad and his store. I felt bad, and felt like I was the cause of it. So, I thought he hated me. Or that's what I made myself believe because that's how I felt about everything that's been happening as of lately.

" Kulu ghafr eaziziin. ( which means all is forgiven sweetheart." He said as rubbed my back consoling me.

" Ma'am we'll ring you up cause it's gone be a minute with dem." Key said as him and AK walked behind the counter. Key sat AK on the counter facing him, and started ringing up her items.

" He is so precious. What's his name? How old is he?" The older lady asked Key.

" A'Kyrie, and don't let his looks fool you. Ain't nun precious about him. He one going on 21. Yo total $4 even."

" I don't believe it. He's being a good boy right now. He's not even touching anything up here, and here you go." The lady said as he handed Key a $20.

Before Key could even respond A'Kyrie leaned forward, and laid his head on Key. Causing the woman to coo.

" Awwww, see he's a good baby." She smiled at AK causing him to smile back at her.

Key opened the register, and started to count out her change.

" He putting on a front. Here, you go $16." He said trying to give her the change.

She shook her head, " Give it to him."