chapter 66

everyone in the room was shocked. this was something none of them could ever see coming.

for once everyone including magnus was stunned and didnt know what to say.

gracie, feeling suddnely over whelmed by the new information didnt know what to do.she had loads of different things rushing around her head and body, making her jump up out of the bed ignoring the calls from her lovers to stay in bed.

she ignored them storming out of the room, grabbing a jacket from the side before rushing out of the insitute.

walking around the city felt strange now knowing that there isnt anything special about her. she isnt as strong as her sister clary.

She thought that maybe she would get threw the scary I'll feeling she had. that she would come out as this strong vampire, with amazing abilities.

But no.

Instead... she's almost normal... almost mundane.

sitting on the steps across the road from their old apartment, Gracie couldn't cry. Only numbly staring up at the burnt out windows of her old bedroom she used to spend hours staring out from.

thinking back to a simpler time...

flashback: GRACIES POV

"mom!" i call, laying on my front wearing a yellow sundress, it had sewed on daisy flowers all over it.

i was watching tv infront of me, whilst also playing with the mulitple colouring books that were scattered around on the carpet.

"yes sweetheart" my mom calls back from her place in the kitchen, she was fixing me a snack since i was hungry.

"whens clary getting home?" i questions puhsing myself to sit up walking into the kitchen with a pout.

 my sister was always out, pretty such all the time with simon.

"soon i believe sweetheart, why dont you pack up your colouring things and then come eat, im sure she'll be home by then"mom speaks smiling sweetly at me making me nod back grinning before bouncing back into the living room to pack away my stuff.

end of flashback NO ONES POV

for the first time since she got there a tear rolled down her face. she knew that whatever was to happen now was going to hurt immensely,

"darling" a voie speaks making her turn her head seeing magnus standing there, a worried looking alec leaning aginst the tree just behind him.

the moment he spoke, more tears flooded the girls eyes and magnus stepped forwards instantly crushing her into a hug, tears fromed in alec's eyes seeing the pain his girlfreidn was in but he stayed frozen leaning against the tree.

gracie just goes limp in magnus arms as she cries her eyes out, sobs leaving her lips as she trembles in his arms.

without speaking the warlock picked her up making her wrap her legs arond his waist before holding a hand on the back of her head as she cries walking past alec with knowing eyes towards his apartment.

an hour had passed and magnus was sitting with gracie in his apartment, alec who was going to go back to the insitute but instantly changed his mind after reciving the hasrh glance from magnus stands across from them.

truthfully the boy didnt know what to think, he was upset , deeply that his girlfriend was in pain, but he was just happy she wasnt ill anymore...happy she wasnt a vampire...but was comflicted about her not being a showhunter.