Sugawara Koushi - The Chances

Soulmate au: Shared pain; if one person gets hurt, the other can feel it too

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN!reader, injuries... thats it

Word Count: 1.8k

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You always caught Sugawara's eye as you waltzed into class. As students were allowed a little bit of lenience with their uniforms —like Hinata often wearing a hoodie beneath his uniform jacket (He said he was just cold, and Sugawara was inclined to believe that the boy hardly had any fat on his body to keep him warm with all his biking)— you opted to added gently flowing layers to your daily outfit that added a serene air to your movements. First, you'd peek your head into the door, checking for the teacher. Then you'd make eye contact with your friends sitting in the front corner. Shuffling in, you'd straighten your back with an excited smile before plopping into your seat, causing your decorative layers to wave and glitter in the morning sunlight.

This happened every morning. Sugawara was entirely entranced until Sawamura nudged a heel into his shin as the teacher arrived, and he had to focus on class. It was hard to focus fully during the first period.

"It's not like you haven't talked," Sawamura smirked, rising from his chair. "Go ask about the recent assignment. You know (Y/N) is finished and will help you with whatever you need."

"(L/N)," Sugawara forced through his teeth, "helps anyone who asks."

"Exactly. So go ask." His tone was smug.

Sugawara glared. "No way."

Sawamura shrugged, giving a little hum before turning away. With the conversation done, Sugawara gathered his notebook and pencil, grabbing his backpack while the heat in his cheeks dissipated.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

"Dude!" Sugawara smacked his friend's arm, watching from the corner of his eye as you jogged over.

"What's up?" you said.

"Have you finished the essay? I'm having trouble explaining it to Suga, and I can't help him over the weekend cause I'm taking care of my siblings."

"Oh," Your eyebrows jumped up, lips curving into a smile as you faced Sugawara. "Do you want me to help? You have practice after school. So the weekend would be best, wouldn't it?"

"You know our schedule?" Sugawara asked, breath catching in his throat, which resulted in a series of light coughs.

"Of course I know your schedule." Whatever drug was in your smile was making him addicted. His palms began to sweat as you continued. "How about we meet at the library for lunch? Everything we need is there, and the staff are really helpful."

Sugawara gulped, "Uh, Hmm, ya. Sounds good."

"Awesome. See you then."

He froze, watching you skip by and out the classroom door. "Did you just get me a study date?"