Chapter 6

Third person POV

Nessuna famiglia è normale.

No family is normal.

This was definitely true for the Esposito family. Normalcy was a rare thing in the household. It had been for several decades but even more so in the past 14 years.

Imagine a castle like mansion in the heart of Milan, away from all the watchful prying eyes, a house filled with the most dangerous criminals the world has known. Outside the walls of the casa, they were simple businessmen who were fortunate enough to have been granted the opportunity and luck to own a thriving business. But inside, lived 11 men and a little kid who had faced loss like no one else.

A curse had been placed on the family a long time ago, which was ripping away everything they held close to them. It started with the death of the Donna 22 years ago. Then, 7 years later, the accident which killed the first born girl in generations, the Italian-American princess. It was followed with the disappearance of the youngest Esposito son soon after. A false sense of safety was placed upon the family, but that shattered too when 4 years ago, the Donna of the Italian mafia was murdered and left to rot in the sea.

The Esposito men were living on thin ice. One more strike and the world would see the wrath of the broken men. Everyone was aware of it. Even the curse itself feared the consequences of its actions. That's why this time around, things would be different. People and secrets will dig up the grave and come out, revealing the truths that had been hidden for more than a decade.

And the first act of change was the return of the missing 14 year old son of Vincent Esposito.

_

The Monday morning in the casa was like any other morning they had. Busy with getting ready for the day. Some to set off to their offices, some to college and some to the torture cells. As already said, like any other morning for the family.

Everyone was still yet to come down from their rooms for breakfast. Alexander and his youngest son, Victor were already at the table discussing the details of a shipment that was set to arrive in a week. Soon enough Vincent entered the dining room carrying his 5 year old son Dante and all talk about mafia ceased. Both of the men greeted the child and continued asking about their plans for the day. Usually everyone would be too busy to have breakfast together on a Monday morning but today was different. One of the many differences that were going to be made soon enough.

Everyone came downstairs, Luciano being the last and joined their father, uncle and grandfather for breakfast. The table was filled with wide assortment of food, each prepared to perfection by their personal chef. Slow chatter continued around the table but their attention was pulled by the loud ring of a phone. Every eye turned towards Vincent except Luciano's. He didn't take his eyes off of the pancakes in font of him.

Vincent took out his phone and with a single swipe answered the unknown caller. He was met with a polite voice of a woman. "Hello, this is Lara Groves. Am I talking to Mr. Vincent Esposito?" The woman asked, her British accent alerting Vincent of where she might be calling from. "Yes. This is he. How may I help you Ms. Groves?" Everyone was still attentive to the words being said by Vincent. "Good morning sir. I was calling in regards to the missing report you filed 14 years ago stating your son, Luca Esposito's disappearance." Vincent stilled at the mention of his son. The change in his body language didn't go unnoticed by the men at the table. His next words were much colder than before, alerting everyone but it didn't seem to faze the woman. "Yes. What about it?"