Promises

"I now pronounce you man and wife"

Seven words that changed Lizzie and Tom's world forever...

They stood on the steps of the Registry Office in the pale wintery sunshine, showered in confetti and good wishes. Naturally the press had gotten hold of the story and it was a media scrum for a few minutes. Nothing they hadn't expected or prepared for though.  Fans swelled the numbers and when they saw how in love the happy couple were, there were many, many broken hearts that day.

Tom ushered his new wife tjrough the crowd to the waiting Limo shutting the door behind them with a contented sigh.  Letting the paps and fans have a few minutes of their time now was well worth it to stave them off later. After all, they had the rest of their lives to look forward to.

"Happy, Mrs Hiddleston?" He turned and raised her hand to his lips, brushing her knuckles with his lips.

"Very, Mr Hiddleston" she replied softly, pulling him close and kissing him tenderly.

"You look so beautiful darling" he said, his eyes dark with emotion. "So very beautiful." He looked at her, drinking in the sight of her in the long creamy silk dress, the furry stole and the glittering comb in her hair.  He simply couldn't believe his luck. Hemsworth had been so right.

She blushed and looked down at her flowers, pale pink roses that now matched her cheeks.  Compliments still fell hard on her, she would never feel worthy of them.

He tipped her chin up "you ok love?" He smiled at her and she nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine, just a little overwhelmed, thats all. Its been a very quick couple of months!"

After she'd proposed, and Tom had eventually come down to earth, they'd decided there was absolutely no point in delaying.

With everything that had happened, they knew life was too short.  So just eight short weeks later, they said their vows in front of a smattering of guests including Tom's family, Peter - who gave the bride away - Luke and one very special friend of Tom's.

Fulfilling Best Man's duties was none other than a certain Chris Hemsworth. Lizzie had almost fainted with shock when she answered the door a couple of days prior to the wedding and Thor himself was standing there!

"Well hello!" He'd looked down at her with a smile and a wink, "so you're the gorgeous Lizzie then." He bent down and kissed her cheek, "Hiddles is most definitely punching above his weight," he added making her smile and blush in equal measure.

Now, as they sat sipping champagne in the Limo, she reflected on how far her life had come in such a short space of time. From Comicon to London to Mallorca to married. She could never have predicted any of it.

"You look miles away love," he touched her arm gently and she came out of her thoughts with a little start.

"Sorry" she smiled, "just thinking how lucky I am." She reached over and kissed him softly, "Love you Husband."

"Love you more wife" he replied with a wink.

The day passed in a flurry of speeches and kisses and champagne. They hosted their guests to a reception in a private dining room at Lizzie's most favourite hotel in the world, The Savoy. She'd dreamed of staying there since she was old enough to appreciate its luxury.

Later, they retired upstairs to their river view suite, leaving everyone else to move on to the bar for cocktails and more chat. As they reached the door, Tom swept her up into his arms and carried her over the threshold.  She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him tenderly.

He carried her along the hall, and into the livingroom. A table had been set with caviar and chilled champagne. The lights were on low and flowers adorned the room, filling it with the scent of romance.

Setting her down on one of the chairs, he opened the champagne with a quiet pop and poured it into a couple of flutes. Passing one to her, he raised his glass then sipped it slowly, looking at her intently over the rim.  She swallowed as she watched his Adam's apple bob up and down. How could something so simple, the mere act of drinking, be so damn hot she thought to herself. 

Tom reached over and took her glass from her, setting it aside with his own.  Pulling her up to stand with him, he gathered her into his arms.  Slowly he bent down and kissed her lips.  His hands moved to her back and began to unbutton her dress. As the pearl buttons came undone, it slipped to the floor in a pool of creamy silk leaving her standing in underwear the colour of a summer sky.  His eyes widened when he saw her choice and she smirked.

"You know the rhyme don't you? Old, new, borrowed... this is my blue..."

He smiled and slowly ran his fingers down the straps of her bra and unhooked them from her shoulders.

She stopped him there, "your turn lover" she whispered and undid his bow tie, pulling it from around his neck, followed by his waistcoat and  shirt.  Soon he was standing naked. She stood behind him, pressed against his back, hands around him feeling his muscular chest under her fingers. She kissed his back as he groaned and leaned back against her.

He grabbed her hands and twisted round to face her. She smiled and looked him in the eye as she pulled free of his grip.  Slowly, agonisingly slowly he thought, she removed the scraps of blue satin and lace covering her.  Dropping them on the floor she turned and walked away, her hips swaying gently.

For a moment he just stood and watched, biting his bottom lip and groaning slightly. God in heaven, he thought, she's so hot. And she's my wife. My hot sexy wife. He grinned and followed her through to their bedroom.

She was lying propped up on the pillows in bed, waiting for him.  Holding out her hands, she waited for him to come to her. He climbed onto the bed and she wrapped her arms around him, kissing him hungrily.

They made love into the early hours, finally falling asleep in each other's arms, spent and smiling.

When at last they woke, they had breakfast in the suite, wrapped in the soft white robes. Tom looked at her as she spread butter on her toast, her hair a fuzzy cloud, her lips still kiss swollen and a tiny purple mark just visible at the neck of her robe. He thought she had never looked more beautiful.

Their perfect wedding, their perfect wedding night. This was their own little perfect world.

If only it would stay that way.