Chapter 31

Nate

"Hey calm down, what's wrong?" Sofia stopped me before i could walk into the room.

"He's dead" my face was red from anger and i couldn't keep my tears in any longer.

"He's dead?" she whispered before pulling me into her arms as I cried. 

We stayed like that for hours till Gabbi came out the room and found us on the floor. "Daddy, what happened?"

"Come here" she walked towards me and joined us on the floor. "Why are you crying?" she wiped my face with her little hands and i couldn't help but smile. She is such a ray of sunshine right now. 

"Mommy's feet moved" she smiled trying to cheer me up. "Really?"

"Yeah, she's going to wake up and then we can be a happy family" she clapped her hands. I turned to Sofia to see her looking at Gabbi with a pained expression.

"French fry, we need to talk about Carson"

"Okay, do we need to buy him clothes?"

"No, baby" fuck i can't bring myself to tell her. "Gabs let's go take a walk while your dad goes to wash his face"

"Okay" she frowned before Sofia lead her away. 

I sighed before getting up and heading into Maddie's room. I sat down on the chair and put my head between my hands. Dustin is in for a world of hurt. I finally had my boy and he got taken away. 

"Hey" i heard the voice I've been missing. I looked up to see Maddie looking at me. 

"Fuck, i missed you" i got up and basically bear hugged her. I kissed her entire face making her smile and giggle. 

"How long was i out?" 

"A month?"

"What?" She tried to get up but i stopped her. "You had emergency surgery which took Carson out and you went into a coma"

"Carson? He's out of my belly" she lifted the hospital gown to see a scar underneath her belly. "Yeah, he was recovering"

"He was?" she looked at me with tears in her eyes almost as if she knew what i was about to say.

"He died, the doctor wanted me to see the body but i just couldn't"

"He's dead" her tears started to fall and i kept her in my arms as she held on to me for dear life. Sobs raked her body. 

I heard a knock on the door and docter came in along with a nurse. "What do you want?"

"We heard she was awake and wanted to assess her capabilities"

"Where's my baby" Maddie screamed. 

"I'm sorry for your loss, Mrs Anderson" the doctor did his check up while Maddie was still crying her eyes out. It hurt to see her like that and knowing i can't do anything about it makes me so fucking angry. 

"Leave" i growled out.

"We'll leave you alone" they walked out. 

"Hey baby, look at me" i held her face as we stared into each other's eyes. "We have to be strong for Gabbi" 

"I feel empty" she sobbed.

"It's going to be okay, we will get through this okay?"

"I don't know how to start"

"We will take it one day at a time, we still have our beautiful baby"

"Okay but don't leave me" 

"I will never leave you, baby" i kissed her forehead. 

"Where is he?" She whispered as she laid back down on the bed. "Who?"

"Dustin"

"He's still in our basement, Bryce and the rest of my men are just waiting for me to make the move"

"I want to do it"

"Maddie, you still need to recover"

"I'm going to do it"

"Fine" i sighed. 

"I don't want to live here anymore"

"What do you mean? You want to head to London?"

"Yeah" she nodded.

"Whatever you want, princess"

Sofia and Gabbi walked in. Gabbi's face lit up when she saw that her mom was awake. 

"Mommy" she ran and jumped onto the bed and into Maddie's arms. "I missed you, cupcake" Maddie gave her a bunch of kisses.

"Daddy and i bought a bunch of things to make you feel better" she pointed to the counter full of gifts from other people as well as ours. 

"Aww thank you baby"

"Daddy was crying" she pointed at my eyes.

"I know, he told me" she smiled and leaned over to kiss my cheek. 

"No hug?" She asked Sofia.

"I just wanted to give you guys some space" she smiled before coming over to give Maddie a hug. "I'm so glad your awake" 

"Thanks"

"So we have some news" Maddie smiled.

"Please let it be good" Gabbi whispered making us chuckle.

" We are moving to London tomorrow" i looked at her confused. We didn't discuss dates. 

"Mom, I'm friends with Jakey now"

"I know but we need a fresh start"

"Okay"

"Should i tell the family or...?" Sofia trailed off. 

"Nah i got it, you can go and tell Bryce to have the basement ready"

"Alrighty then" she walked out and left us to listen to Gabbi talking about what happened at school. 

"So your teacher is still a bitch?"

"Language" Maddie glared at me making Gabbi laugh at the fact that i got scolded. 

"Are you excited for your birthday next month?"

"I can't wait, i want a unicorn party" 

"We should get a huge cake"

"Yes" she smiled from ear to ear. 

"Okay, princess"

"Why don't you show me the things you guys bought me?"

"Okay" she got off the bed and grabbed the the bags. She sat it on the bed and we started going through it. Gabbi presented every product like she's in a commercial. Maddie had a smile on her face which made me a bit at ease. This going to be long journey for me and Maddie but we're going to do it together no matter how hard it will be be. 

"Right, i need to get out of here as soon as possible"

"I'll go ask the doctors" i got up and kissed both of their foreheads.

I walked out and went straight to the doctors office. "My wife is awake and would like to leave now"

"We still need to keep an eye on her"

"I wasn't asking so get to signing those papers"

"I'm sorry sir but i can't"

"Don't make me do this do" i sighed before reaching for my gun. 

"You are going to make it happen or i will blow your brains out" i smiled as i held my gun to his head.

"Okay"