Liv's Visit

The day of Liv's visit arrived; the day before had been taken up with unpacking the belongings that I had decided to take with me to Leah's. When I had arrived at Leah's the previous day with my car packed up, she proudly told me how she had created space in the wardrobe for me, and I noticed straight away the excitement that lined her voice. She wanted this just as much as I did.

Standing in arrivals waiting on Liv gave me time to think of what we would do this weekend. With every few months that passed between visits, I worried that she may now be too grown up to care for activities, wondering if she would prefer to be left alone to play on her iPad during her stay. As the doors slid open, a beaming Liv could be seen walking beside airport security, something Rhys had organised as he panicked about her travelling alone. Her little feet thudded against the floor as she ran into my arms, a loud auntie Sophie leaving her mouth. We both thanked the security lady before walking towards the car and beginning our conversation about the weekend that lay ahead.

"What would you like to do this weekend? Are you too grown up now to be seen with me?"
"Nope! Can we go to the market again? Dad gave me some money."
"Of course, anything else?"
"An Arsenal game?" She asked quietly.
"You'll have to ask Leah." I chuckled.
"Okay, can we call her?"
"You can just ask her when she gets home."
"What? Does that mean she's going to be with us all weekend?" Her eyes widened.
"Is that okay? If you'd rather she wasn't -"
"Best weekend ever!" Olivia grinned, making me chuckle.

Liv and I spent the two hours between our arrival and Leah finishing training getting something to eat and watching Netflix. I internally laughed at how she would check the clock every few minutes, very clearly excited for Leah's return but not wanting to make me feel inadequate, which I knew I was where Liv and Leah were concerned. Just after 3 p.m., the sound of Leah's tyres on the drive could be heard, and Liv's head shot up in response. The noise of the car door closing prompted her to get to her feet, and by the time the key could be heard in the door, Liv was already rushing down the hallway, shouting Leah's name. I made my way to the living room doorway to watch the moment that I knew would melt my heart.

"I missed you!" Liv spoke passionately as she lunged into Leah's arms.
"I missed you so much, Liv."
"I'm so glad you're here. Dad said not to ask Auntie Sophie if you weren't, in case I upset her. She kept crying about you when she was home."
"No, I did not." I giggled.
"Did too." Olivia chuckled, still with her arms wrapped around Leah.

Leah pulled her more tightly into the hug, bringing her eyes up to meet mine as she did so. The smile she shot me was enough to make my heart melt all over again, one that said I never thought we'd get to do this again. I felt it too. I felt that overwhelming sense of knowing that a few months ago I had thought I would only have the memories, but now we were making new ones. Liv eventually moved back from the hug, beginning to giggle slightly before she spoke. I knew what was coming, as did Liv, but Leah had no idea what the two of us were laughing about.

"Can we go to an Arsenal game? Me and Auntie Sophie? To watch you?"
"Absolutely! Why wouldn't I want my two favourite supporters there?"
"I'm telling your mum you said that." Olivia giggled.
"You're trouble, Olivia Kelly."
"I know I am; it's a Kelly thing. Right, Auntie Sophie?"
"Oh, she knows; don't worry." I chimed in.
"I do." Leah chuckled.

Friday night was spent bowling at the same bowling alley that Leah had taken me to the day she decided to go public. Seeing two of my favourite people smile to the extent that they were smiling warmed every bone in my body. As Liv took each turn, Leah would find a way to touch me, whether it was placing her hand on my back as I prepared for my own go or a quick brush of my hand as we sat on the seats. I knew she wanted to hold me; I knew that because I wanted that too, but we wanted to take things slow. We had discussed the possibility of someone seeing us when we were out; we knew that the moment that happened, news stories would break, but we had decided to deal with that if it happened and otherwise take our time with going public again.