Chapter 6: There Is No

Slowly Harry's eyes fluttered open revealing the beauty of his green eyes. His eyes looked side to side, he felt minorly overwhelmed. Two people looked down at his pretty face. Harry was simply relieved that both faces belonged to people he found recognizable. Xavier stood over him on one side care and concern in his brown eyes. Wednesday stood on his other side, unlike Xavier no hint of emotion snuck through the windows known as her eyes.

"Welcome back," Xavier spoke his lip quirking a little. Carefully Harry sat up a dull pain in his head.

"Take it easy," the boy said, skidding his hand down Harry's arm. He kept his hand their as he sat down, caressing Harry's arm.

"Do you always touch people without their permission?" Wednesday asked sending a glare Xavier's way. Harry stayed quiet in an attempt to comprehend what was occuring, or had occured. Xavier slowly pulled his hand away from Harry's arm feeling awkward.

"The nurse," Wednesday spoke coldly looking down at Harry, "said you don't have a concussion. Not that I thought you did. After all you did not hit your head."

"I guess that makes sense," Harry whispered, as he furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't exactly remember what happened."

"I don't," Xavier began, "if I could explain it, but what you did was quite incredible."

"I can explain it," Wednesday spoke, Harry turned his head toward her, "someone tried to kill us. In some phenomenon you turned the falling gargoyle into powder."

"That about sums it up," Xavier said, feeling a little unintelligent.

"We would have shared an imaginative death," Wednesday stated calmly looking at Harry.

"Will I be expelled?" Harry asked panic in his eyes. A look of terror on his face shocked the other beings in the room.

"Why would you be expelled?" Xavier asked fighting off the temptation to grab Harry's hand. The subtle look Wednesday was sending him clearly told him not to touch a hair on Harry's body. Fear for his life kept him compliant.

"I'm a freak," Harry said as tears slipped from his eyes. "I do freaky things and now I'll be expelled. My parents will be livid."

"Hey," Xavier tried to reassure, "they won't expell you. If they try I'll do everything to stop the." Harry was not sure how to feel in this moment.

"I recommend," Wednesday began staring Xavier down, "you not be guided by latent chivalry. A tool of the patriarchy, to extract one's undying gratitude." Xavier was taken a back, and again Harry was not sure how to feel. Should he be offended, after all he was a boy. Although many did not view him as such due to his unique feature, the reason he was roomed with Wednesday. Eventually he decided not to, after all he often caught himself behaving more feminine. Wednesday's words truly did not bother him.

"I should have undying gratitude to you," Xavier said looking Wednesday dead on.

"Why is that?" Wednesday questioned as Harry looked between the two. Now he was curious.

"Xavier Thorpe?" when that got no response he continued, "you probably don't remember me. Last time we met I was about two feet shorter, and forty pounds heavier." The mental image he got reminded Harry of his mean cousin Dudley who liked hurting him.

"What happened?" Wednesday asked demandingly as she stared harshly. Harry lounged back set to listen to the conversation.

"Puberty, I guess," Xavier answered, to which Harry let out a cute little snort.

"I think she means the last time you met," Harry explained softly with his pretty smile in place. Past fears currently absent from his mind. Wednesday gave the smallest of nods, eyes never blinking.