Chapter 5: Discussions and Decisions

[ Author Note: Hello! Thank you so much for liking this story! I don't own Marvel. I just own Christine Blake.]

<<<<<<<<<< Pietro's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

As soon as the door of the training center closes behind Agent Blake I feel a slap to the back of my head.

"You almost killed her Pietro!" Wanda fusses.

"'Almost' is the perfect word to use." I joke. I did actually feel really bad about that.

"You will have to be careful next time brother, she is here to train us, not to be tortured by us." Wanda is reprimanding me now. Perfect.

"You don't think I know that? I didn't mean to hurt her so bad AND I apologized. I fixed it." I defend myself casually. I don't see the need in going over this.

"No. She fixed it. Her enhancement is what saved her life." Wanda corrects my speech.

"Why didn't she defend herself? I don't understand. She knew what she was up against." I tell my twin.

"She had an idea of what she was up against. She wanted to feel it so she couldn't judge us from a file. I checked her thoughts. Every word she said was nothing but honesty."

"Everything? Did she ever think of something you didn't like?" I raise an eyebrow and smirk down at her.

"When she came in, it took her a minute to adjust to her surroundings, her mind wasn't clear at first. It wasn't until she made eye contact with me that I felt her thoughts. She thought I was beautiful." She scoffed at the end.

"Why do you find that so hard to believe?" I ask her.

"It's not that I didn't believe her, most women who look at me, I sense jealousy. She was simply enthralled by my looks and the way I speak." Wanda answered.

"What did she think about me?" I ask a little too eagerly. I'm pretty sure Wanda caught on to that.

"She thought you were handsome. She also liked the way you spoke to her. I think the confidence and charisma you hold made her take a mental 'step back' and she thought you flirtatious. She didn't have a problem with it though. When she realized what she was thinking, she immediately felt ashamed. She was almost blushing in her mind. That is why she apologized." Wanda informed me.

"She thinks me handsome?" I ask in a somewhat suggestive tone. Wanda just rolled her eyes.

"She soon got over our appearances and felt uncomfortable when Barton was giving her praise. When he left, she started wondering about our personalities and the way we see ourselves. That is why she asked us. She liked my answer. She didn't understand yours but she hoped to understand in the near future."

This confused me.

"Why did she care?" I ask her.

"She cares because of something in her past. I didn't get a chance to look further in her mind. I honestly didn't want to dig into her personal life. That would have been too invasive. Like Maria Hill said, Blake would tell us anything we wanted to know. I did figure out that others had judged her only for her enhancements. I imagine it took her time to realize that she was more than just her enhancements. What she thinks of herself and what others think of themselves seems very important to her. I respect that." I respect that too.

"What did she think of our abilities?" I ask her.

"She told you what she thought. She doesn't really hide much. She was impressed with your simple combat skills and didn't get angry that I didn't know what to do. But she did make a note of where to start our simple training in the morning. Christine was very impressed with how I manipulated so many factors to get the perfect hit with my enhancements. She actually was debating on asking me to do it again. She found it fun. But she doesn't like pain. Even though her ability gives her vitality rather quickly, she still feels the pain. When you pointed out her falling before she entered she got embarrassed. That much she practically told you. She wasn't expecting you to hit her at practically the same moment it took you to get so far away. When she got back up I couldn't get into her mind. She was defensive, I think because she wasn't actually expecting the flip to occur so soon. When you punched her, that is when I was able to grasp her thoughts once more. Her whole mind went numb and then when the pain kicked in, she realized what had happened and was shocked. She knew you could hit hard, she didn't think about how your speed would impact her body. She did think of the irony of her day becoming worse and seemed to chuckle in her thoughts. Overall, she was impressed with today. She was worried she would fail."