Chapter 8: Without Some Strangeness

Wednesday sat in a booth, silence laying over them like a comforting blanket. Infront of Wednesday sat her drink, while Harry's was in his hands. Wednesday had been right, a sweet drink was the perfect thing for him. He was fairly sure there was Vanilla in the drink, Harry decided that it might be his new favorite flavor. As much as Harry did not want to use his friends money, he hoped she would buy him more sweet drinks.

The bluish team doors of the Weathervane opened. Wednesday side eyed the people walking in, while three teen boys walked in. He could not help but let a giggle slip when he noticed their outfits. Dressed in pilgrim outfits, they looked a little foolish. Harry found it entertaining, Wednesday simply looked them over. She did not get a good feeling from these boys.

"What's a pair of Nevermore freaks doing out in the wild?" one of the boys asked, Harry's brows furrowed. Wednesday stated them down her eyes cold.

"This is our booth," boy number two said harshly. Harry looked down at the table, hoping Wednesday would deal with the issue.

"Why are you dressed like religious fanatics?" Wednesday asked, Harry giggled so sweetly.

"We're pilgrims," the first boy spoke again looking at Wednesday as if she were stupid.

"Potato, po-tah-to," Harry whispered, but the three boys heard him.

"We work at pilgrim world," the third boy said as he pushed a flier towards Wednesday. Wednesday pulled the flyer closer. Harry leaned over the table to also look at the paper.

"It takes a special kind of stupid to devote an entire theme park to zealots responsible for mass genocide," Wednesday told the three while still looking at the paper.

"I like genocide," Harry said softly resting his hand against his face.

"No Harry," Wednesday said sternly, "you like homicide, not genocide."

"Are they different?" Harry asked looking very confused. He was unaware that their was a difference if he was being honest. A part of him felt a little embarrassed.

"Yes," was all that Wednesday said in response.

"My dad owns Pilgrim World," the third boy spoke defensively. "Who you calling stupid?"

"If the buckled shoe fits," Wednesday told the boys, Harry let out another giggle. Wednesday was surprised when the cuteness of it did not make her sick.

"Guys, back off," Tyler demanded of the three nameless boys as he walked up behind them.

"Stay out of this, Galpin," the third boy snapped towards the other teenage boy.

"Yes," Wednesday spoke, as she stood from her seat, "stay out of this." Harry watched with wide pretty eyes. Wednesday's violent tendencies always put a smile on his face.

"So tell me, freak..." The third boy, whose father owned pilgrim world demanded, "your ever been with a normie?" Harry was a bit displeased with the way the boy spoke to his friend. He did however trust Wednesday to deal with it herself.

"I've never found one that could handle me," Wednesday spoke coldly. Wednesday starred, her gaze dark and dangerous.

"Boo!" Wednesday said deathly calm. The boy stepped back as the word left her mouth.

"Hey," a boy said grabbing Wednesday's shoulder. Harry clapped as Wednesday put the boys in there place. On the floor to be stepped all over like the dirt they were. The fight was quick, a bright smile sat on Harry's face. When all three were on the floor Harry got up and clung to one of Wednesday's arms. Although he did not realize, if in his right mind he would be surprised Wednesday did not push him away.