Ch 10

Juliana

Fear is a powerful force. I couldn't stop shaking and my world had narrowed down to the feeling of my racing heart. It was the only thing I could hear. Suddenly, the air changed. There was now a draft and I felt cold. I missed their heat from earlier. The thought distracted me long enough to give me the courage to look up.

The fierce looking man with mahogany hair was waving a blanket around. He wasn't just waving it around, he was dancing. He was graceful as he slowly moved his body. His muscles contracted and his skin began to glisten with sweat. His face was passive stone until he saw me looking.

Matthew

I hate dancing, but for her I would do anything. Turning around I saw her staring at me. I smiled and she quickly looked back down. I stopped dancing and stared at her. She just sat there.

"If you can hear me, I will not hurt you. I actually believe you to be deaf." My suspicions were confirmed when I waited a minute and then stomped my feet hard on the ground. She flinched.

Sighing, I got onto the ground and crawled towards her with my hand waving in the air with the blanket to move the air. She eventually looked up when I was just three feet from her. She started to raise her hand.

Brandon

I headed back to the room from the kitchen. I had the stupid fruit and water that Matthew wanted. How could he think about eating when our mate reeked of fear and cowered in a corner. Walking into the room I saw my brother on the ground on his back with the blanket laid across him. My mate was stareing at his closed eyes and was running her hands through my brothers hair.

Looking at them I felt rage begin to grow until my brother spoke.

"If you growl and shout she will be frightened again. I believe her to be deaf. What I want you to do is get on the ground and crawl over here slowly. Bring the fruit and water with you."

Getting on the floor, I noticed my mate looking at my brother and I with confusion. She had stopped touching him.

Good.

———————————————————————————-

Please Vote, Comment, Share!