Part 19

Shinso exited the classroom with a small sigh, not quite looking forward to the fact that they were allowed to talk again. He thrived on the silence that went on during the tests, and now everyone was going to be a chatterbox. He was almost tempted to ask some of them questions and then just leave them there when they responded to him. But that wasn't a very ethical use of his quirk... probably.

Shinso was still pondering when he felt an arm sling over his shoulder, causing him to reach for where his hidden knife would be if he was wearing his hero costume. Luckily, it was just Kirishima with his 'manly' bro hug. And no, that was not Shinso's own words. Kirishima said that himself- without any prompting whatsoever, he might add.

"Bro! Those tests were so freaking hard. I'm so glad that we're doing the practical and just battling the robots that we faced at the practical exam now." Shinso shrugged off Kirishima's hold as subtly as he could, taking a step back and reclaiming his personal space. The red-haired boy didn't seem to even notice, continuing to jabber on,a constant grin on his face. If Shinso smiled that much, he was pretty sure that the muscles around his mouth would tear and break.

"Man, Kendo was really nice to tell us that this exam would be us against the robots. Though that one kid Monoma didn't seem that happy... hey! There's... a lot of teachers over here... nine of them?" Shinso glanced over, following Kirishima's confused gaze to where the teacher's were standing, seeing both of his dad's there, along with most of the other staff. Why are there so many people there if it was just going to be a test with the robots?

"Hello students. This is the practical exam, so if you want to go to the training camp, you better not fail. I'm sure at least some of you asked around to see what the exam would be, but-"

"YEAH! It's going to be robots, isn't it! LIke in the entrance exam!" His dad sent a frustrated glare over to his classmates that interrupted him, opening his mouth to answer when... Nezu?

"Not quite! It has been decided that a revision must be made, due to various circumstances and a suggestion from our staff!" Why did Shinso have such a bad feeling about this? "Now, you students will be pairing up... against us teachers! You have already been paired up considering multiple factors, including your grades, friendships, and battle moves!"

Wait. Why did they know who was friends with who? Sure, they could always just look in class, but that wasn't always accurate, and some were just quieter, like him and Todoroki, so who knew enough about their friendships to even make that decision? Who would...

A figure stepped out of the shadows, hiding in plain sight beneath a tree. Slow and measured steps marked his path out to the stone path, revealing Izuku-sensei. Their teacher had his usual smile on, which was more like a given at this point, but there was something... different in his eyes. A delighted glint that seemed almost sadistic in nature was hiding in his bright green orbs, nothing else in his expression giving it away. Shinso felt a shiver run down his spine, not quite sure why it was there until Izuku-sensei's smile widened so his teeth were somewhat bared, revealing the slightly pointed ends that gleamed under the sun.

...It was a bit unnerving.

"Your partners are as follows: Koda and Jiro against Present Mic; Ashido and Kaminari against Nezu; Kirishima and Sato against Cementoss; Hagakure and Shoji against Snipe; Yaoyorozu and Todoroki against Eraserhead; Ojiro and Ida against Power Loader; Asui and Tokoyami against Ectoplasm; Sero and Mineta against Midnight; Uraraka and Aoyama against Thirteen; and finally, Bakugo and Shinso against All Might." What. The. What.

Izuku-sensei smiled reassuringly at him and his freaked out classmates, likely seeing the not-so-hidden edge of panic present in all of their faces. "Don't worry, teachers will hold back, we couldn't really grade you if you just got beat up, after all. However, remember, your teachers are no pushovers, so make sure to give it your all if you want to pass."