Chapter-34

The Harbringer

A beeping brought Starscreams attention to the computer console, it showed and image of the Earth with a marker at one particular spot "Hmm, Decepticon ground bridge activity." he tapped his chin in thought "On their way to retrieve another relic perhaps?" Though torn in half the Harbringers tracking systems had remained synced with the Nemesis so in addition to being able to locate the warship it allowed him detect the ground bridge portals. The seeker looked at the Magnus Hammer in his hand "I see no reason not to add another to my arsenal." he turned around "Especially now that I am no longer alone in my mission."

"Dynamic leadership of the Decepticons!" came Starscreams voice, stepping out of the shadows came eight exact duplicates of the seeker.

The real Starscream smiled "So good to finally have like minded company." Using the lab in the Harbringer Starscream provided samples of his own energon and CNA to transform the protoforms into exact clones of himself. These clones had the seekers memories, his feelings, even his desire for power. The only way to tell the real Starscream from his clones, besides the Magnus Hammer that never left his grasp, was a scar on the left side of his faceplate that the clones didn't have.

"We are as one." the clones said in unison.

"Now then." Starscream walked in front of his clones "First we shall bridge to a short distance from the relics location and ascertain the Decepticon forces already there, then come up with a plan of attack."

"A simple aerial reconnaissance should be enough together that information." one clone said.

"Indeed, we simply need to fly high enough to avoid detection." another added.

"Yes." Starscreams said bitterly "Airiel reconnaissance it is." After creating the clones Starscream was shocked to discover that they all had T-cogs and there for could transform and fly. Starscream acted like he had purposely given them the T-cogs but was still mad that his copies could fly while he couldn't. He took out the ground bridge remote control he opened the portal "Come my armada! Victory awaits!"

The Campgrounds

Optimus and Bulkhead looked from behind the cover of the forest to see Decepticons digging in the middle of the campsite "Looks like they beat us to it." Bulkhead said "But how'd they know about?"

"Soundwave must have deciphered the Axes location from the Iacon database." Optimus said.

"So whats the plan?" the Wrecker asked.

Optimus could see many Vehicons as well as Dreadwing, Airachnid and Knock Out and Breakdown who had the Mass Shifter on him. The Prime thought for a moment "Out best chance is to wait for them to uncover the axe and then launch a surprise attack. Bulkhead you must strike breakdown before he can activate the Mass Shifter."

"My pleasure." Bulkhead said "But not from here, he'll see me coming." he saw Breakdown was standing off to the side near the trees "But if I get over there I can get the drop on him."

"Go but be cautious, there may be more Decepticons in the forest." Optimus warned. The Wrecker nodded and left to get into position.

Though stealth was not Bulkheads strong suit he moved quickly through the trees keeping an optic out for any Decepticons thinking he heard a twig snap he quickly looked in that direction but saw nothing. Keeping his optics on that spot he began walking forward again only to bump into someone, Bulkhead quickly activated his blasters but was surprised at who he saw "Starscream?"

"Bulkhead?" the seeker was equally surprised.

"What are you doing here?" Bulkheads optics narrowed "Don't tell me you went crawling back to Megatron."