💋𝟒𝟎.

"Sincerity. . ."
-Mary J. Blige ft. DMX & Nas💋

Chapter 40:

Ariel

The Next Day

The Next Day

The next morning, Ariel awoke to a sun-filled room with only her in it. Immediately she began to feel stupid, but when she looked over and saw a small blue Tiffany box with a card attached lying on top of the pillow beside her, she lightened up.

Completely naked, she sat up with a smile a mile wide plastered on her face, eager to see the expensive jewelry that lay inside of the box. Pulling the white ribbon off, she lifted the top, only to find a set of keys. Confused, she placed the keys back into the box and opened the card.

It simply read: Go Outside.

Jumping out of bed she slipped on a black Savage X Fenty satin robe, and headed down the hall to the front door. She was so excited, she thought her heart would damn near jump out of her chest, it was beating so fast as she took the elevator down to the first floor of the building.

Ariel almost shitted on herself. She couldn't believe her eyes when she walked out of her apartment building, stepping outside on to the stoop. Sitting curbside, was a brand new cocaine-colored 2017 Tesla Model X 100D.

The damn thing was equipped with eighteen-inch chrome Asanti rims, plus tinted windows. Ariel couldn't bear to touch it, it was so pretty... beautiful even. The bitch was cheesing mad hard as she walked over to her brand new SUV.

Once Ariel got up on the whip, she noticed another envelope underneath the windshield wiper.

'Dis nigga must really feel guilty, she smirked thinking on August's abusive acts towards her yesterday, while opening the card.

Meet me where we had our first date at 1:00.

Wondering what time it was, Ariel ran back inside of her apartment building to check the clock. It was 11:13, she knew that it was going to take her at least an hour to get ready, so she hurried back up to her floor and took a shower. Once she was finished getting dressed, she quickly styled her hair to her liking then began to start on her make-up.

Ariel applied more concealer than a burn victim, and tried her best to cover up the significant bruising on her face and neck. She didn't recognize herself as she stared at her own reflection in the mirror, and she felt sick to her stomach... like enough to throw up. It wasn't the violence that scared her. It was the fact that she knew no matter what August did, she'd still love him.

An hour and a half later, she was on the Henry Hudson Parkway heading for I-495 Westbound exit. Ariel bumped Rose in a Concrete World by Joe, as she took Westbound Road all the way to Lower Manhattan. Spotting the luxurious Hudson Hotel, she stopped, put the SUV in park, hopped out and went inside of Sky Terrace Rooftop Bar that was on the first floor of the hotel.