Chances were not low (2)

When Fredo entered the place, he was already expecting something that was different from the other inns. But even with that mindset in mind, he was still managed to be caught of guard by the atmosphere inside the building.

It was truly like he had just entered some high class mansion of one of the enable Nobles. 

"Welcome To hope and adventure loving inn," One of the worker greeted Fredo, but Fredo couldn't really make who just spoke-- "Can I help you?"

  Fredo froze and craned his head up, he finally saw who had just greeted him. It was a big burly guy that was well two heads worth taller than Fredo himself. It was an odd feeling since Fredo himself was considered to be quite tall. So he wasn't use to having to crane his head up to meet the other person's eyes.

"Uh... yea," 

  Fredo answered, making sure the cloak that was covering his head was still there and wasn't slipping off since he had to to look up, "I heard the food here was good, so I wanted to try." He effortlessly look natural.

"How many people are with you?"

"Just me,"

  The guy also didn't seemed to be suspecting Fredo at all. "I'll show you an available seat then," The guy replied back, his tone was rather nonchalant.

"Thanks,"

It was just then when he was walking behind the waiter that the fact hit Fredo. Fredo couldn't really make who just spoke?

Even though the person was that big and should have been very much visible and obvious?

  "Here you go sir, I will bring you  the menu soon, please take a seat and relax your self" The waiter was very much curt, but it was hard to point out how rude that is as he was quite polite in the other aspects.

"Yes, Thank you" Fredo took the seat that was pulled out for him and sat down, the waiter promptly pushed the seat towards the table and left. Which Fredo think was to take the menu.

.

.

.

  Fredo was waiting for his meal when he felt a slight killing intent from behind the counter. It was a very subtle intent, something which he had almost missed.

If he were to guess, It was probably guised at the level of his highly trained assassins.

Just what was with this place?

  Fredo took the tea cup and bring it up towards his lips, still careful to not show his teeth too much to prying eyes. The tea was fragrant, there was also a lingering sweet scent in it.

  It was definitely not a tea local from the eastern continent, from the western continent then? Or maybe from the south? He had heard the tea in the South are all very good because of it's tropical climate and their advance agriculture-- "Hello sir,"

Cough--

Fredo who was previously gulping down his tea calmly had to make sure he wont be choking himself to death because of the liquid that went into the wrong pipe.

Fredo glared towards the place where he heard the voice originated from; 

"My, I apologize for startling you..."

It was an old man, 

He had looked apologetic and guilty when he had apologized, but... Fredo could see the not so subtle mocking glint in his eyes. As if taunting him.

"Mind if we have a chat?"

Fredo stared at the old man, not immediately giving out an answer.

That old man...

He was human, Fredo was sure of it. From his scent to the no visible marks of him being either a beast man of any other subspecies Fredo was aware of.

But why does he, a vampire lord, can feel goosebumps forming along under his sleeve.

"Well?" 

Fredo still didn't say anything, but he motioned his hand to the seat across him.

"Thank you," The old man took the offer and sat down.

  Fredo can't help but shiver at the benign smile that was placed upon the Old man's face, it was... supposed to be a kind smile. But he can't help but feel that was something underlying beneath that smile.

. . . 

  Ron would usually stayed by his young master's side, serving him. And in no circumstance would leave him alone after the stunt he had pulled several years back. And even if he had to leave, he would make sure that either his son or Hans was near his young master.

But it just so happened that his routine check up on the inn his young master had established was nearing. 

  Usually Beacrox or Luca would handle it, but for some odd reason, the young master had specifically told him to check it this time. He did argue back, but the young master insisted.

  And not in his wildest imagination would he had thought that someone who had that rotten scent would came into the inn. Ron was almost taken aback and lunge when he first smelled that scent... but he managed to hold back.

...It was just like what his young master had said, 

It was a cloak figure, presuming a male from his stature and built and how they were acting. 'His' face was a bit hard to see, maybe magic? illusory kind? as for their strength...

Ron couldn't tell just yet,

"Hello sir," Ron purposely crept behind the man, fully intending to startle the other, "My, I apologize for startling you..."

It wasn't hard to lie through his teeth like that, it was as easy as breathing for him. Ron didn't even had to think twice.

"Mind if we have a chat?"

Though this man had the same scent as those bastards that had destroyed his family, he still had to make sure and double check his findings.

"Well?"

But what he wasn't expecting was for the other to be more tame and civil than he had thought.

the Cloak figure pulled out a pale hand out of his cloak and motioned towards the empty seat across him. It was a clear invitation.

Ron wouldn't turn the offer down,

  "Thank you," He couldn't help but smile; He didn't mind if he had to beat the living hell out of this man to get the information. But if talking was enough, he wouldn't result to such brutality. He wasn't a barbarian after all...