08

"You're doing so well with the horizontal bar, baby."Coach Cynthia said as she gave me a proud smile.

"Thanks coach."I said as I moisturised my hands with my lotion after dusting off my hands.

"You'll do amazing for the alumni weekend."she said proudly as I began to pack up the equipment with her.

"You need to rest."

"I can't. I have this assignment to do and ugh my lecturer is very demanding."I mumbled as we both made our way out the gym.

As I made my way to my dorm I began to Google a couple of source for my document that I didn't even notice that I had made it to my dorm building elevator.

"Imani."Simone announced as she gestured for me to make my way towards them.

"Imani this is Erica."Simone casually said with a big smile as she pointed towards me, I looked up at the girl and held out my hand in which she shook.

"Erica, this is Imani. The girlfriend."Simone said putting emphasis on 'girlfriend' which made me curiously look down at Simone who was sitting on the couch.

"Oh."Erica simply said with a disappointed look on her face as she nodded with a fake smile.

"Nice to meet you."I responded as I gave her a warm smile, she nodded before she said bye and left.

"Do I know her?"I nervously asked as I let Damon grab my waist and pull me onto his lap.

"Girl, that girl was telling us about how she knows baseball obviously flirting with Damon. When I told her he has a girlfriend she had the audacity to say: 'I don't see her here.' "Simone mocked which made me giggle.

"She's going to be checking out something but definitely not the game."Keisha joked which made me laugh.

"Listen I have an essay due just now at midnight."I said as I looked down at the time and got up.

"I have to go."I said before I gave Damon a peck and hugged everyone.

I then jogged to my dorm room and began my essay, it took me 2 hours to finish and proof read but I eventually finished it. When I finished it a took a shower and went back to my room to meditate, pray before I drifted off to sleep.

"I think she love me, 'cause I got the check on me
Wan' spend the day and flex on me
Put a curse and hex on me
Scratch out my name, put the X on me
You should come check on me
Talk dirty and caress on me
Fuck it, might as well get undressed for me."I nervously sang as a paced up and down my dorm room until I heard a knock on my door which made me jog towards it and open it, that's when I saw JR with his knuckle still strunch up as if he was about to knock again.

"I was not expecting you to be here or open the door so fast."JR said as he looked up at me with a small smile.

"I was about to leave anyway."I muttered as I shrugged my shoulders which made him nod his head.

"I thought I was coming here to vent a little but I think you need it more than me."he said as he looked at me in concern.

"No, no. What do you need?"I asked as I gave him a small smile.

"I am your friend, Imani. Tell me what's going on."he asked as he shut the door behind me before he gestured for me to sit down on my bed.

"I have my first competition this afternoon and I am really nervous."I admitted as I looked up at him.

"You've been practising for months. You got this."he said as he gave a proud smile.

"What if I hear that pop on my wrist again, JR. I can't, I can't. I haven't even been doing this for awhile and I feel weird."I mumbled which made him pull me into a hug, a long hug until I slowly began to slump my shoulders and hug him back tightly.