17

Don't forget to vote!

*Flashback - Cole's POV*

"Man this class is boring as hell" Reyna muttered out, a few of the students laughing at her comment.

"We do not use that kind of language here Ms. Knight! One more outburst from you again and you'll find yourself in the office." Our teacher, Ms. Brinkley spoke out in anger.

Reyna rolled her eyes in response before pulling her hood over her head, not saying another word. Ms. Brinkley then continued on with her lesson, telling us that we would have a project with an assigned group.

"Ms. Brinkley sure knows how to shut your sister up" My friend, Lukas teased. A small laugh escaped from me before I shook my head.

"The only reason she stayed quiet was because she knew she'd have to face mom's wrath" I told him.

When we were younger, Reyna and I were the exact opposite. Many saw her as the quiet girl who was always sweet, while I was the one who made it clear of what I wanted. But now it's like the roles have switched, although many still find me to be intimidating.

Reyna has always had a mouth on her, I don't think that's ever gonna change. Dad said she gets that from mom.

"Alright so the first group will be Ainsley, Kayla, Lukas, and Cole" Lukas wrapped an arm around my shoulder before cheering for us working together. I looked over at Reyna who had her head down.

The last group she called was Reyna's, "The last group will be, Sidney, Reyna, Jackson, and José" Reyna quickly lifted up her head when she heard Jackson's name.

"Ms. Brinkley, I don't think it's best for Reyna to work with-" I began.

"Why don't you mind your damn business? If your sister had a problem with it, she would've said something" Jackson butted in, now standing.

Just as I stood up, Lukas had grabbed me. "It's okay Cole" Reyna spoke out, now looking my way.

I couldn't help but look at her in confusion. She hated Jackson and I don't blame her. He does nothing but manipulate people and has been hitting on her since freshman year.

I looked over to Ms. Brinkley who was looking anywhere but my way. Why would she pair them together? She knows how much Reyna dislikes him.

After a few moments I sat back down, my jaw clenched. This is bullshit.

It wasn't too long before class was over and we were all packing our stuff. When Lukas and I were about to head over to Reyna, I saw that Jackson was talking to her.

And he was a little too close for my liking.

"So I was thinking I could pick you up and take you over to my place. That way we could work on the project together" He suggested.

Before he could wrap his arm around her I grabbed a hold of her arm, pulling her towards me.

"What the hell dude! Don't you see us talking?" Jackson asked before trying to grab her, I took a hold of his arm and watched as he winced slightly.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? I don't care if you two are in groups, don't forget that you have two other partners. She won't be going anywhere near your house" I spoke out seriously before pushing him away.

"Let your sister breathe on her own for once! You're not her father" He shot back.

Ignoring him, the three of us walked out of the class. If I was our father, he'd be dead right now.