Ch 10

"Sorry that took so long," you say as you climb into Alphie's car. Which was more like a limo. "I didn't realize that report would take so long."

Riggs had wanted to know every single little detail of the shipment, including personal insight. Alphie smiled at you. He looked a little tired. "It's okay. Let's get you home and in bed."

"Fuck, man. Sounds good to me." You lean your head back against the car seat, shutting your eyes and letting everything hit you all at once.

Alphie buckles you in and sits close enough to touch shoulders with you. "What happened, (Y/n)? How did you get involved in.. all this."

You pinch the bridge of your nose. "It's a long story.."

Alphie frowns. "And how did you hurt your head." He brushes his fingers over the bandage on your head you had completely forgotten about.

"That's also a long story..."

"(Y/n).."

"Yeah?"

"Look at me."

You open your eyes and turn your head to him. He looked.. sad.

"Are you okay?"

You blink. "Of course I am."

"No. Are you really okay?" He looks away and then back. "You've been going nonstop since, well, uh," he trails off.

"Listen, Alphie. I'm fine. Don't worry about me, okay?" You give him a tired smile a ruffle his hair.

"But-"

"Just.. drop it. Please." You lean back again, the lack of sleep catching up to you.

Your head was throbbing, your eyes were getting heavier by the second, and your whole body was stiff and sore.

"Fine," Alphie mumbles, scooting away from you.

"Oh, come on. Don't pout," you heave a sigh and lazily reach a hand out for him.

"I just want to make sure you're taking care of yourself," he grabs your hand but keeps his distance.

"And that's why I'm going home and not going out to drink remember?"

"That's not..." he decides against arguing and drops it. The rest of the ride was spent in silence.

When the limo arrived at your complex, Alphie got out with you.

"What's up?" You question.

"I'm making sure you rest."

"By walking me to my door?"

"No, dumb ass. I'm staying the night."

"Uh, no. I can take care of myself," you start walking to your apartment.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you always have to. Let me take care of some things tonight."

You look at him. He had that determined look in his eye. There was no escaping this. "Fine."

You pull out your keys and head inside. "excuse the mess," you say, throwing your keys aside and heading towards the kitchen. You were tired but you were also hungry. When was the last time you ate?

Alphie slides in front of you and opened the fridge. "What would you like to eat?"

"I can fix it-" you give up as he glares at you. "Something quick. I'm tired."

"How about a grilled cheese?" He asks.

"Sounds good to me," you take a seat at the table and prop your head up with your fist, watching him butter a pan and start cooking. It wasn't long before he placed a plate in front of you.

"Here you go," he smiles.

"Thanks, Alphie. I really appreciate it," you say. He beams and motions for you to eat.

It was probably just because you were starving, but it was the best grilled cheese you had ever had.

"Man, that was delicious. You should cook for me more often," you joke as you carry your plate over to the sink.

"Really?" He was grinning from ear to ear.

"Mhm," you nod and grin back at him.

"Oh, right. You should sleep now. It's already four in the morning."

"Ugh, kill me now," you groan. "Goodnight, Alphie. Feel free to crash wherever you want."

He paused for a second before responding, "Okay."

You fumble with your clothes and throw them on the floor, future you will deal with those. You crashed on the bed, snuggled under the covers, and fell fast asleep.

🥀

You woke to your phone ringing. You leaned off the bed and dug it out of one of your pockets.

"Hello?" You ask, your voice rough.

"Did I wake you?"

"Oh, Desi. Hi. Yeah, you did."

"Good lord, it's one in the fucking afternoon."

"Cut me some slack, I didn't sleep until practically morning."

"Whatever."

"So what did you want? Or did you call just to hear my sexy morning voice."

"One, it's not morning. Two, your voice is far from sexy. Three, I actually called because I had a very important question."

"My voice is so sexy, liar."

"Sure, sure."

"Anyway, what is it?"

"Are you going drinking tonight?" He asks, his tone concerned.

"I said I would."

"So, yes?"

"Yes, Desi. I'll be there."

"Good," he said and then hung up.

"Weirdo.." you get out of bed and throw on a robe before exiting your room. "

I thought I heard you up. Good morning, sleepyhead," Alphie says from the kitchen.

You stifle a laugh. "What the fuck are you wearing."

"It was the only apron you had, okay!" He was wearing the apron he had gotten you one year as a gag gift. It was pink, frilly, and had the words 'world's sexiest daddy' on the front in hot pink cursive.

"Anyway!" he says with a dramatic turn. "I've been making you breakfast. Come see."

You walk and look at all the food. There was breakfast sausage, eggs, toast, pancakes, and even cheese grits.

"Holy.. that looks delicious," your mouth started watering.

"The last of the pancakes are almost done. Wait just a few more moments and then we can eat together."

"I'll set the table then." You had to admit this false sense of domestic life was very nice. You knew Alphie couldn't stay forever but you didn't want him to go. That was probably just your stomach talking.

You grab some plates and silverware and set two places down at the table. You grabbed a cup of coffee for you and a glass of water for him as requested.

"Pancakes are ready!" Alphie says.

"Yeahhh, foooddddd!"

You both make heaping plates and devour the delicious food he had made.

Okay so I'm taking a little break for the holidays. Once I get caught back up on my writing schedule, I'll be back. In the meantime, happy holidays everyone!