Church

TECH POV

    I wake up in Ryder’s arms to a banging on my door. “Church in 10 minutes,” Khaos yells through the door. “Guess my plan for waking you up will have to wait,” Ryder says wiggling his eyebrows. I laugh “I guess, great minds think alike.” I reply. “Later,” he states getting up and pulling me with him.  We both rushed through our morning routines and got dressed.

     We walk into church hand and hand. We are the last to arrive. I take my seat as Ryder gasps and rushes to a gorgeous giant black man. He gives him a fist bump and pulls him into a hug. I have to suppress a growl. “Come here, babe. I want you to meet my best friend, practically, my brother, Trey.” Ryder states smiling at me. I walk over and Ryder states proudly, “Trey, meet the love of my life, Colby Parker, but everyone calls him Tech. Colby, meet my best friend and brother, Trey Anderson.” I shake his hand and he pulls me into a hug. “You make him happier, than I have seen him in a long time. Hurt him and I will make your digital world hell.” Trey whispers to me. I laugh but nod that I understand. “Alright, if we are done with introductions and grab ass. Everyone grab a seat.” Mayhem laughs as he commands. Everyone laughs and a few let out wolf whistles.

     Once we are all seated, and the room quiets, Mayhem bangs the gavel to start church. “I called this meeting to thank, Ryder. He warned us about a problem coming for us we didn’t even know about. Without his warning and the help from Trey and Tech, I have no doubt our club would be in ruins.” he states with pride and gratitude shining in his eyes. The room erupts in cheers and stomps of feet. I get a few hard slaps to the back. Once it quiets again, Mayhem starts talking again. “What I am about to propose is new and unorthodox. Definitely, not the norm for many motorcycle clubs anywhere, by any means. I would like to honor Ryder and Trey for their help, in the only way that matters, by making them honorary members of our MC. They will be recognized by all of our charters. Anyone wants to second?” he asks. “I seconded,” I state. “How does every one vote?” Mayhem ask. Ayes and hell yeah from everyone. Ryder and Trey looked shocked. “Now the question is do they accept?” Mayhem asks. They look at each other and nod. “We accept,” they say at the same time. The room erupts with stomps and whoops, again. Mayhem bangs his gavel until we quiet down. “Does anyone have any more business?” Mayhem asks. “Yeah, I do. I am officially claiming Ryder as mine.” I state. “And I am claiming Tech as mine since I am also a member, honorary member,” Ryder states and winks at me. “Does anyone have any objections to the claims?” Mayhem asks. No one responds. “Then Ryder is Tech’s ol’ man and Tech is Ryder’s ol’ man. Church dismissed.” Mayhem states as he bangs the gavel.

    Ryder, Trey, and I go sit at a booth. Soon Khaos walks up, he hands both Ryder and Trey a box. “We will have smallish property patches made for you and Tech to sew on, under your name patches. I am, we all are, happy for you both.” Khaos informs us. He pats us both on the shoulder and leaves to join Cherry.

    “What is your plan now that the case is over, Ry?” Trey asks. “Well, technically, my case isn’t over. I am still looking for The Texas Patriots and Alejandro Garcia.” Ryder responds. “Not anymore, the cartel is taking responsibility for ending them. Those bodies will never be found. Memo came out this morning.” Trey informs us. “Since I helped take down corruption within the FBI, they gave me the choice of assignment, after I turned down Thomas’s old job. I took the department lead position here. Well, not here, here, but the office is 30 minutes from here. I will be leading the cold case unit when my transfer comes through.” Ryder replies. “Well, I will need you in DC to testify against Thomas and Mallory. You can just email in your report before then. Who knows, maybe, they will take a plea deal.” Trey deadpans. I am sitting here absorbing all of the information and realizing I am going to be without Ry for a period of time.

     Maybe, Mayhem will let me go with him. Hopefully, it will be a quick trip. “Are you okay, babe?” Ryder asks as he wipes a tear off my face. I didn’t even realize it had escaped. “Yeah. Just wondering if Mayhem would let me go with you if you want me to.” I reply. “Of course, I do. I was going to beg you and Mayhem if I have to, for you to come,” he responds then kisses me. “Are you two going to look at your vest and see your names? I am sure you got one.” I state. Trey opens his and sees his name. Laughing he shows us. VPN. Ryder opens his and laughs too. He pulls it out turning it to us. G-Man. I laugh but the names are fitting.