S3, E5

Seeing people's reaction to last chapter...I mean I did say I would mess with people's emotions this season :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-3rd POV-

"Will they really be all right by themselves?" Kurogiri said, cleaning a shot glass.

"Yeah. It's not my turn to be on stage right now. They're enough by themselves. In other words, the game has changed." Shigaraki said, a small smile on his features, "Up until now, it was a role-playing game where we had all the equipment but challenged the last boss while still at level 1. I should've thought of it as a simulation game. I should be the player, using all the pieces I can break through the higher ranks. In order to do that, I need to first put cracks into the superhuman society."

He then continued, "The Vanguard Action Squad of the League of Villains. It doesn't matter if those guys succeed or fail. Just the fact that they are there will scare the heroes."

"Are they just sacrificial pawns?"

"Don't be ridiculous. Do I look that heartless? Their strength is real. Even though they're all facing different directions, they're comrades I can count on. In a society bound by rules, we're not the only ones being oppressed. I'm praying for their success." The blue haired male said, staring at the picture of Bakugo and (Y/n) in his hand.

-----

Midoriya panted heavily, before stumbling, making Kota get up quickly and run towards him.

"Hey!"

"It's all right." The teen said, catching his footing, "There's still something I must do."

"You're all beat up! What do you still have to do?"

"I knew that he would defend against it...But that's also why I had to attack."

"Huh?"

"Even taking that into consideration, I thought I could inflict a lot of damage. But he's a much stronger villain than I thought he was. If all the villains from this night attack are this strong, then everyone is in danger. On top of that, they might be after us students. I have to let Aizawa-sensei and the Pussycats know about that. If I can save someone by moving, then I have to move, right?" He said, as the kid gulped.

"We'll leave this villain here for now. With my messed up arms, it was probably weaker than usual, but it should have still caused a lot of damage. I don't think he'll wake up anytime soon, and even if he does, I don't think he'll be able to move much. Above all, right now, I need to protect you."

"Huh?"

"There's something that only you can do. The forest has been set on fire. With that, we'd be trapped no matter what. Do you understand? We need that quirk of yours." He said, crouching down, making the boy's eyes widen, "Save us, the way you saved me earlier." He smiled softly.

Kota's eyes shined brightly, his lip wobbly.

"Now, get on my back! We need to get you back to camp first."

"You can move with those injures?"

"It's fine! That's why I left my legs!" The green haired male said, as the familiar bright pink lines were around his legs, "Let's go! Hang on tight!" He then jumped, making the kid tighten his grip.

"...where are the kids called Bakugo and Gojo?"

'I have a bad feeling about this...!' He thought.