Part 38.

Mew's POV. (Finally!)

Gulf stares at me for a bit and he might be wondering why I am not questioning him, what for? Everything in the past will and shall remain in the past. We shouldn't dwell on something that's already done and we have no control of.

"I have something to confess." He said. His voice trembles a bit and he looks like he is gonna cry any moment. He slowly untangle himself from my embrace and then he sit up straight - facing me.

"What is it?" I asked him. He face clearly shows that he is hesitating and that he is nervous; I understand why though. He is overthinking things that he shouldn't.

"T-Type i-is..." he stutters.

"Type? Your twin?" I asked. I played oblivious to it but I already have the gist of what he is about to say.

"Y-yeah.. t-t-the thing i-is... uhmm.." He keep on stuttering. He's fidgety and evident to his face that he hesitant. "H-he is-"

"Alive? I know." I cut him off, though he looks cute when he stutters and just a little revenge to him but him taking so long, trying to gather all his courage pains me too. I took his left hand and bring it closer to my heart, "I also know that he is now recovering and he is gaining his memories." I said. His eyes widened. Shocked, surprised, sad, and all other emotions showing on his face. I already knew about the things with Type - it wasn't that long since but I came to know it after abstaining for a longest time and pretending not to care. I wouldn't say that I don't care about him anymore cause I still do, he is my ex and Gulf's twin brother. I used to love him and I can't and won't change that fact since if it weren't for him, I won't came to know Gulf. However, I only care for him as a family since my heart now beats for Gulf and will be for Gulf only.

"H-How?" He is still stuttering.

"Love... I knew he is alive. I came to know it for quite some time now, I also know that our unborn child unfortunately didn't made it due to Type's condition. I also know that everything you spouted were all stupid lies." I said. His shocked face never seize to amaze me, his round eyes and slightly opened heart lips. Shocking indeed.

"H-how?" He asked. How indeed, it was hard to came to know the truth and it was very hard to unravel. I went through lengths and used all the connections I can use in order to uncover the truth. The painful and hard truth but nonetheless, I still chose to be with Gulf.

"Things you don't want to know." I chuckled. Remembering how I did them while trying not to collapse nor be angry.

"W-what? B-b-but... aren't you angry?" He is stuttering, it's funny to see him flustered like this since I do have all the rights to be angry but Gulf went through lengths and lengths for us, he did all those silly things yet he also suffered and endured enough and all of those hardships, I wasn't there.

"Angry? I did. I was angry, I feel so betrayed when I came to know everything, I feel like everything I've come to know is a lie. My feelings, your feelings and Aedyn is like all lies. I wanted to slap myself by just the thought of that but I keep on reminding myself that Aedyn's my child, our child, the DNA said so too and there's no excuse to that yet I still doubted everything. It was never easy, I lost trust to everything but one thing, I never lost my trust for my love and desire to be your family." I monologue as Gulf's tears keeps running down his face. His looks so guilty but I knew he is sincere. I chuckled a bit then pull him much closer and wipe off some of his tears yet there's no end to them.

"I'm sorry Mew, I'm sorry..." He kept on crying. It's not only his fault, it was mine too.

"Sshhh.. don't be. I'm sorry too." He looked at me with his red puffy eyes. I blew a kiss on each of them, I took his hands and placed on my face. "We're both reckless, bold, and to blame but I'm happy that we're finally together. Together as a family. We don't have to forget the painful past but instead take it as a lesson and learn from so we can move forward without a regret. Let us forgive and free ourselves from the dark and thorny past. Let the three of us move forward as a family and be happy." I said to him. Gulf slowly nod his head while I gently rub his cheeks.

"M-Mew... Mew..." He wailed.

"I'm here my love, I won't go anywhere, I will always be here." I reassured him.

"I love you Mew. Thank you" Gulf hugged me and buried his face on my shoulders for I don't know how long but It was really warm and feels like home. Gulf is always my home.

His little sniffles slowly face and tears that's falling onto my shoulders were getting fewer and fewer then his weight was put on to my body.

The sniffles turns into light snooze, Gulf feel asleep. It might really be a relief for him to get those things out of his heart. It was really heavy and hard to endure yet my honey is so tough.

I could've confront him but I never did, It was almost a close call but still I didn't do it because I know Gulf is just trying to find the perfect timing for him to spills those secrets.

It really removes all the weight on our shoulders as we slowly share to each other the secrets we are keeping. It is part of our upcoming married life that we have to face challenges but we just have to face them and communicate properly so we can lessen all those anger and doubts. After all, we both learned the hard way.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

Hey folks! Just incase you're not following me yet you're following my stories, I will finish what I've started. I have full respect to Mew and Gulf and I am grateful to have meet you all through them.

However, there won't be more new MewGulf stories from me maybe until the distant future.

I will still write stories since I'm an author at heart and this is my outlet.

Let us cheer ourselves and accept things. We deserve this closure and so they do.

(I'm crying. 😭😭)

The next update will be the last one of this story.

Lovelots,
Iam_dolly ❤️💙