Chapter XXI: Desperate Times

~.~

"Sorry, sometimes family disappoints you like this..."

~.~

"So (Y/N) killed Hina...? Is that what you're telling me...?"

Naoto sighs as he rested upon a small bench that resided near a calming river, and as the water flowed and rippled with the wind, a cool breeze followed shortly afterward.

"I knew something was wrong when she texted my sister..." Naoto huffed, his hands covering his face, "When Hinata...told me that an unknown number had contacted her...I should've jumped in the second I had my suspicions..." His hands lower, "I even managed to see the text for myself...!" He exclaimed; staring down at his trembling hands.

"Apparently, (Y/N) Sumiko threatened my sister; whilst making sure to keep her identity hidden, hence the unknown number. She then told Hinata to flee Japan before things got "ugly". But, thinking it was just a prank, my sister disregarded (Y/N)'s warning...and, in the end...she carried out her plan..."

Takemichi's fists clench; his inability to wrestle with his emotions had now begun to shine through. Even so, he forced himself to listen to Naoto as he vented, "(Y/N) Sumiko is currently a freak of nature, Takemichi. She is a mad woman with a thirst for bloodshed! She's killed multiple people and for some reason—!" Naoto's voice escalates. He then quickly takes a sharp inhale, bringing it back to a soft tone, "...And for some reason...? She killed her. She killed my sister..."

Takemichi stares down at the ground, his black hair shielding his eyes from the sun, "(Y/N) Sumiko is no longer trustworthy. You must go back into the past and get rid of—!"

"No!" Takemichi interjects; his voice startling the nearby animals that scurried around the funeral home, "(Y/N) risked her life! To make sure that I was able to save Draken! She helped me when no one else could!" Tears prick the edges of Takemichi's eyes, "She was strong! When I couldn't be!"

Naoto now displays a poker face, disgusted by the statement that spewed from the black-haired male, "My sister is DEAD! BECAUSE OF HER, TAKEMICHI!" He screamed back, "WHAT DID HINATA DO, HUH?! WHAT DID SHE DO TO DESERVE A CAR CRASHING INTO HER? TO DESERVE TO BE BLOWN UP AFTER BEING IMPALED?!"

Takemichi stiffens, the images flooding his mind in waves. He then clicks his teeth, his hands grasping the tie that was perfectly placed around his neck, "I do know that (Y/N) wasn't behind this! You said so yourself! Kisaki is the enemy, not (Y/N), not Mikey, not Akkun! This is all because of Tetta Kisaki!"

Naoto scoffs, his tears begging to fall again. However, his expression remained blank, "Yeah, well...that was before I realized that it was always (Y/N), who took the one person I cared about the most..."

There's silence between the two males; their heads turned in the opposite direction as their hearts pumped with anger and adrenaline, "You can keep excusing her actions, Takemichi. But you can't hide what's in plain sight."

Naoto sniffles again, "(Y/N)... was never a good person...! And now? That woman— that monster. Is in Toman, hurting as many innocent people as she pleases. That's the current (Y/N) Sumiko."

Takemichi's breath hitches before his entire body turned away; every limb on his torso was shuddering with frustration, "There has to be something we can do...something..." He murmured to himself; his head slowly lowering in defeat.

"No, there doesn't." Naoto interjects; standing to his feet as his hands are tucked into his pockets, "The bottom line is? Your mission has changed. My sister has died again, and we have to start from square one again."