Chapter Thirty-One

Matteo

My plus is going into overdrive. I don't think I've ever been so anxious before the GPS stopped working thirty seconds ago.

It went off at a lake, meaning two things she's either in the water, or they have found it. I hope it's the latter.

"Enzo, put your fucking foot down and drive." After his hissy fit, he returned to the room dressed and ready, not saying a word to any of us. I think Bianca hurt him.

We pull him to the lake, and I see a black Range Rover. I jump out of the car and run over to Juan. He's looking panicked as he searches the water.

"Where's Harper?" My words come out strange. He points to the water as bubbles pop up. A man I think I recall is Hugo. Comes up from the water with a woman. I don't waste a second before I dive in.

It isn't Harper though he's got, Adriana. "Fuck. I couldn't see a thing down there. I thought it was Harper."

Juan pulls a gun out to shoot her. "Don't kill her! Leave her for Harper." Enzo jumps in to help as my father drags Adriana out and keeps her pinned down.

I hold my breath before I dive in. He was right. You can't see anything. I reach the van. Come on, Angel. Please be alive. I swim through the window as I reach someone. I feel for a woman's body, and I instantly know it's her.

I drag her up to the surface as Juan helps pull her out. I start doing CPR on her.

"Get the car ready. The doctors are waiting at the hospital." Juan says to Enzo.

He rushes off, but I won't stop; I keep working on her. You can't fucking die on me! This is not the way it's meant to end for us! We've been through too much for us to end like this.

"Come on, Angel! Fucking breath!"

I can hear Adriana laughing in the background. I'm going to kill her.

Harper coughs, and water sputters everywhere. For the first time in years, I cry into her chest. My Angel is ok. She's going to be ok. 

"Matteo, get her in the car. She needs a doctor." Juan, hand rests on my shoulder as he pats it. It's the most respect he's shown me.

"Thank you for saving her. We will talk at the hospital after we've had her checked over." I nod as I lift her into my arms. She's still passed out, but she's breathing, and that's all that matters. She's alive.

I place my hand on her stomach, hoping our baby will be ok. We can't lose it. There's no way she will get through this if she miscarriages.

"Your right; we do need to talk, I shouldn't have lied to you, but this can all wait until we know that Harper is ok. I want to make peace once and for all, Juan. This isn't the way to go about things. I realise that. You have my word that I won't cause any more trouble, but let's get Harper, and the baby checked first."

I pull a knife out and cut the rope off her hands. No fucking wonder she couldn't get out.

I drive with Juan and Hugo while my father and Enoz take Adriana. I have no idea what will happen to my father, but I know Harper won't want him dead, but this has gone on for far too long. Juan won't want to hurt Harper. I know he will be happy he has his revenge for Alessia's death. Let's hope he lets my father live even if he punishes him.