Chapter-55

Arinya's POV

It was about time for sunrise and I was lying wide awake beside Ashton. Today is our reception day and I had all the mixed feelings in the world. Ever since the news about our wedding was released in press, I have been feeling nervous.

Even though my pictures were also clicked by the media from an appreciable distance but my face wasn't particularly visible, in some pictures my face was covered with veil during my walk down the aisle and the remaining were either side profiles or images from the back during the ceremony. Hence, "The bride of Ashton King" is still somehow a mystery to the world, and I know I would feel a bit overwhelmed with all the attention I'd receive today.

I heaved a sigh and carefully unentangled myself from Ashton's hold. I was getting bored just lying on the bed without a hint of sleepiness. I took one glance at the sleeping form of my husband who was up till 2 in the morning, just to massage my head as I induced a nerve-wrecking headache with my anxiety. He must have slept once I feel into deep sleep for about 3 hours.

Well, apart from my anxious thoughts for the day, life has been pretty serene and tranquil with him. I smiled looking at him.

I got up from the bed and went towards the balcony of our room. I stood near the railing and saw the sun coming out brightly. The sunshine that lingered around me in pretty hues truly powered me through to go about the day without any worrying thoughts.

I didn't realise when Ashton woke up until he came and hugged me from behind.

"Why are you up so early? The headache's still troubling you?"
He whispered sweetly in his husky sleepy voice.

"I am feeling much better now but why did you wake up? You already slept late because of me Ashton."
I replied.

"So?" He asked rubbing his nose on the edge of my right cheek.

"So you should go and rest some more, we've a long day ahead."
I reasoned.

"Exactly, you must also sleep for a while."
He said.

"I don't feel sleepy at all." I replied.

"Never mind, just lay by my side."
He swiftly scooped me in his arms and walked back inside the bedroom.

"Ashton.." I kinda giggled.

He put me on the bed, covered me with duvet and slipped under the sheets himself. I snuggled into him and he closed his eyes shut while his warm palm rested securely on my waist. A hint of slight smile formed on his lips which didn't go unnoticed by me. I didn't even realise when sleep engulfed me too for another hour.

I woke up when Elle and Sam came home with a makeup artist and hairdresser. And soon, the chaos of getting ready began.

Just as the ladies got done with their share of magic on me to make me look "ethereal" in their words, a knock on the door too made it's presence.

Ashton walked in, looking insanely hot might I add. His eyes were stuck on me while I too couldn't take my eyes off him. A teasing clearing of throat by Elle pulled me out of the trance Ashton & I both were stuck in. However, all the ladies went out of the room to give us a moment of privacy, with giggly faces and wiggly eyebrows.

He came forward and placed a gentle kiss on my temple.
"You look so tempting that I am now second guessing of cancelling the reception."

"Of course, you have it in you Mr. Perv."
I laughed which made him arch his eyebrow.

"Okay fine, let's get going towards the bedroom then Mrs. Delight."
He said and held my palm, all ready to descend towards the bedroom.

"Uh-huh not so easily." I played along and wrapped my arms around his neck.