18

Kay's POV-

I was completing some work for my online nursing class , I wanna go in person to the class but at the same time I don't wanna leave my family.

I know eventually I'll have to go , but at the same time right now just isn't the time. My grandmother tells me that everything's going to be fine and that I shouldn't stop following my dream just because I don't wanna leave everyone that I care about.

But with her being sick and all it just wouldn't be the best thing to do right now.

"Ty help me put this in the microwave" I said stepping in my toes struggling trying to put my plate of food in there.

"Lil short ass" He said coming from behind me and picking me up helping me put my plate in there.

"I don't know why you put it so high up." I said.

"My bad i juss ain't know where else to put it ma." He said.

"On the counter , you should've waited so I could've decorated the kitchen myself." I said folding my arms.

"Ma stop acting like a lil baby" he said hugging me from behind and kissing my neck.

"I'm not" I said.

"Is it that time of the month for you?" He asked me and I mugged him.

"So what" I said and he laughed.

"It's okay" he said.

The microwave beeped and he took my plate out and I sat at the table and ate. "So how's the classes going?" He asked pulling up a chair sitting next to me.

"Fine, it's a little hard but I know I'll be fine." I said putting a fork full of macaroni in my mouth.

"Yeah it will." Ty said.

"How come I've never been to the trap you work at?" I asked him and he looked at me furrowing his eyebrows.

"Why would you wanna go there?" He asked me.

"I just wanna see what it looks like and how my man gets his money that's all." I said.

"I wouldn't even feel comfortable with taking you up there for real." He said looking away.

"I'm almost nineteen I don't need nobody to shield me from anything." I said.

"I know ma but the trap isn't somewhere that you'd wanna be and I promise you that. I don't even enjoy being there myself but that's where the money be at." He said.

I rolled my eyes and ate the rest of my food.

"So now you bout to act like you got a attitude because of this?" He asked me.

"I don't have an attitude." I said.

"Yeah you do , I know how you is Kay." He said.

"What does that mean?" I asked him.

"Because whenever youn get yo way or be told no you catch a attitude." He said.

"So if you know that I don't like being told no then why are you complaining about me have an attitude?" I asked him.

"Cause it's not that serious , youn need to be at the trap. Whatchu tryna sell some shit?" He asked me and I looked at him furrowing my eyebrows.

"That's the last thing that I'd do in my life every." I said fanning him off.

"Exactly so youn need to be there." He said.

"Fine." I said.

"Come here lil cry baby." He said opening his arms and I walked towards him and laid on his chest.