Chapter 13

Rosaline Gray POV

*11 years ago*

New tendrils of fear grip my insides as I pick up my speed of walking through the halls of school.

My heart is sensing the danger even though I did nothing wrong. It's because nothing good happens when the devil is mad.

Everything feels heightened, the intensity of raw fear is deadening my mind and soul.

Because I know he won't be this silent, after what happened in the party. He must be biding the right time to attack me, to bully me.

What if....

" Are you in a hurry for something, little piglet? "

A strong shudder rips through my spine making me stumble. It's the devil's voice.

He's here.

The devil is here.

My breath halts and my legs weaken as my eyes land on Kyng Wolff. He blocks my view as he towers over me.

I try to run to the other side but he blocks me again by cornering me to the edge.

" Woah, little piglet. Calm down. Why in such a hurry?" His chuckle is evil and humourless.

Kyng brings his grim face, dead close to mine, rattling me.

" Is it perhaps....you want to go play with that Jeremy again? Hmm? How desperate are you? " His menacing voice blared out viciously.

A sob crawls at the edge of my throat as I press my back on the wall.

" B-Back off Wolff, y-you are blocking my w-way." My voice shook but he didn't budge an inch.

The look on his face, awfully rancorous and malefic.

" You stopped visiting my mansion, Rose." Kyng's deadly calm tone is rattling me to the bones. His grim tenor, scarier than any.

" Your father alone visits our mansion for work but I don't see you come along. Do you know how much I waited for you to show up?"

He waited for me?

I thought he hated my presence whenever I visited his house.

" And when I asked your father where you were these days....guess what he said, little piglet? " His eyes darken with malice, turning them almost heinously black.

I can feel the blood drain off my face, my lungs giving up on me. Dread whips my insides. No.

" The traitorous little piglet is following someone else, visiting someone else than me. " Kyng hissed malevolently, gripping my arm.

" My little piglet prefers someone else than me." His shadow casts on my face like a Grim Reaper, ready to rip my soul.

His menacing, undivided dark attention on me. I try to pry his hand off my arm but his grip stays steel and hurting.

" Did I mention...I don't like sharing what's mine, little piglet? " His voice is death chilling and monotone.

His voice, detrimental to me and my future.

" I hate it when somebody touches what belongs to me. I especially f***ing hate it...when my little pet lets them touch what should be only mine."

Pet...?

Despite my instinct screams at me to run away, I'm unable to run because any sudden movement will probably provoke him for a challenge.

And Kyng is a murderous bull, there's no stop to him until he gets what he wants. His endgame is always a life or death kind of situation.