Chapter 15: Letters of Love and Mourning

*Unedited

· · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⊲ ✦ ⊳ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · ·

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽 Yen,

My time with Pavetta has been a breath of fresh air. The princess is not at all what I expected. She prefers quiet activities and being alone. However, we have grown to be good friends. We will spend our evenings listening to music and reading. Our days are filled with training and poetry.

The woman has progressed significantly. No matter her emotions, she is now quite capable of controlling her gifts. But she's not ready for me to depart as of yet. I agree. Unknowingly, her power radiates from her. It is but a mere taste, a scent on the wind. However, my worry will not settle until she has mastered even that.

As for your inquiries on why I am concerned for her safety, I cannot say. Just know that they are well-founded.

But what of your travels? I must know more about your journey across the Continent. Have you settled down yet?

I await your next letter.

Continue to stoke the fire in your soul,

Nessa.

· · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⊲ ✦ ⊳ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · ·

Geralt,

It has been some time since my last letter to you. Not much has changed since then. Considering Pavetta will go into labor soon, I expect to leave Cintra within a few more months at most. They wish for me to meet their child to determine if he or she will need training as well. Though, I do not know how they hope for me to know so early.

I bet you are wondering if my time off from monster hunting has resulted in me losing my edge. Fear not. Mousesack, Eist, Duny, and occasionally the Lioness herself help me practice. Dare I say that if any change has occurred it has been for the better? We will have to test that theory when I see you again.

Truly, I wish you were here. Duny, despite being a man of great honor, strikes a strange cord within me. He is not all that he seems. With your set of eyes, I am sure we would both uncover his secrets within no time at all.

Jaskier and I keep in contact. Fret not, the bard is well. He is still with the muse he met when we last saw one another. And do not spout nonsense about how you do not care. I know you better than that.

I wonder where you are now? What monsters have you slain in the past few months? I know you can handle yourself just fine but I am sure that you must miss the extra sword, not to mention my magic. Perhaps find the kindness to write back. Unless you can't read?

I don't not miss you.

Impatiently counting the days,

Nessa.

· · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⊲ ✦ ⊳ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · · ⚔︎ · · · ·

Jaskier,

Cirilla is growing into a bright and troublesome little girl. She is still the spitting image of Pavetta. I sense no magic within her but that is to be expected this early. Despite Calanthe's arguments, I plan to stay a bit longer just to be sure. And do not remind me of Destiny. I am far too aware of it as is. Though, the strange thing is: I do not feel it binding me to this girl. Not yet anyway. There is a greater plan at work here, I know it. Just as I know when the time comes you will have plenty of content for your ballads.