TEASER

"Geetu?........Geetu, meri jaan where are you?" Kartavya shouted her name.

"Geetu......" He opened the door of their room only to find Yuvraj sitting on their bed.

"Yuvi? Tu yahan? Geetu kahan hain?" Kartavya asked

Yuvraj raised his head to meet the curious and impatient orbs of Kartavya which were desperately searching for Geetanjali.

Yuvraj in a snap hugged Kartavya and sobbed.

"Yuvi, what's the matter?" Kartavya asked while rubbing his back in a consoling manner.

"Chaliye.....meine leliye hai sara saman" Siya said in a hurry while coming out of the closet

Upon finding Kartavya in the room a terrible sob escaped from Siya's mouth "Bhai sa".

She ran and hugged Kartavya.

"Siya..... Siya stop crying...... tum dono bologe bhi hua kiya hai?" Kartavya asked. He couldn't decipher what is the actual matter but his gut feeling is repeatedly telling him something is not wrong but terrible.

"Bhai sa .........bhabi ma..." Siya couldn't speak properly rather more tears emerged in her eyes

"Kahan hai Geetu?......tabse dhund raha hun mil hi nhi rahi..... mujhse keh rahi thi jab aap aaoge toh darwaze ke paas aap ka wait karungi pata aur aab dekho na meri call pick kiya inn dino aur nahi abhi mujhe mil rahi........hai kahan tumhari bhabi ma?" Kartavya asked, his voice filled with desperation to see his love .

"Bhabi ma ko....... mar dala......." Yuvraj whispered numbly

"What??.......mein sunn nhi paya......mera matlab samajh nhi pata.......kahan hai Geetu?"

"Bhabi ma ko sabne mil kar mar dala Bhai sa" Yuvraj screamed while sitting on his knees

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING? DARE TO SAY ANYTHING WRONG ABOUT GEETU" Kartavya gritted his teeth. His words were deep and threatening.

"Bhabi ma is in hospital Bhai sa..........kisi se baat nhi kar rahi. Ek nazar dekha bhi nhi kisiko. She is not a percent like her early self. Koi kuch puche , bole, koi reaction nhi........she was unconscious for 3 days aur jab se uthi hai she is behaving dead..........na kuch khati hai na piti hai na baat karti hai nahi roti hai kuch nhi bhai sa........bhabi ma hai karke bhi pata nhi chalta......saline aur sare medicines injection ke through diya jaa raha hai.......ek uff tak nhi karti jab itne lambe lambe injections diye jate hai unhe.........." Siya said while wiping her continuously flowing tears.

"Kisne kiya yeh sab?" Kartavya asked. He was extremely calm which was an indication of someone's worse death.

"Pata nhi bhai sa........kuch bola nhi bhabi ma ne abhi tak" Yuvraj said

"Where is she?"

"In the hospital Bhai sa......we are going there only" Siya said and the trio left for the hospital.

Kartavya stood in front of the chamber in the hospital. Many wires are connected to Geetanjali. Like they narrated, she was behaving like dead. It's been fifteen long minutes and she didn't even shift in her position. She was lying on the bed looking at ceiling. The only beeping sounds of the machine was a relief that in real Geetanjali is still alive and not...... He didn't even want to think about that word.

He can see his family members trying to converse with her but she responded to none. Taking a deep breath he entered into the room.
Their family members gave him a space to meet Geetanjali.

"Geetu" Kartavya lowly muttered

Her eyes within a second fell on his worried face. He can see the quick rise and fall of her chest due to her fastened breathing.

Her lips trembled like a lone soul in wintry nights and a heartwrenching sob escaped her mouth. She stretched her right arm asking Kartavya to hug her.

Without waiting for another second he hugged her and let her cry. Her every sob, whimper, hiccups were swirling his guts. This is the pain which he dreaded the most. Her cries held acquisition against him.

The family members quickly left the chamber to give them their privacy. It's been more than 10 minutes but Geetanjali kept wailing, her cries didn't subdue even a bit. It was as if she is crying her emotions out which she had kept since days by hugging Kartavya close to her.

FANAA जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें