◎Prologue◎

Copyrighted 2015 © All rights reserved.

"W-what? Alpha you c-can't-"

He interrupted me. Growling as he took a step towards me. "I can and I will. I, Elijah North, accept you as my mate."

My eyes grew big and I breathed in sharply. He couldn't do this. I was just Parker, the Omega. I couldn't be his mate. He couldn't be my mate. He was one of my tormenters. One of the people who everyday made it very clear that I was a disgrace to live.

"Alpha, please! I can't-"

Again he interrupted me. "Shut up," he snarled, caging me in his arms against te wall. "You will accept me too. I am your Alpha. You will obey me."

"But-"

This time his lips cut off my response. At first I was frozen. I grew up thinking I was too repulsive to touch. And now, the man who had claimed that when I found my mate he wouldn't hesitate to reject me, was kissing me.

My mate was kissing me.

I couldn't believe it. My mate hadn't rejected me. He actually had accepted me.

Elijah growled against my lips. Urging me to kiss him back. And I did. I kissed him back with all my might. Looking back I was so happy I kissed him back. That time would have been one of the few times I had been able to feels his lips on mine.

If I only had known then I would just be his mate when everyone had gone to sleep.

If I had only known I would only be his mate without them knowing.