Chapter 9: The Grand Duke's Scheme

"It's an unexplainable feeling, an expression. It's a touch, it's a feel. Once you feel it, it's like no other thing in the world." - Snoop Dogg

Vote 

Comment

Edited By: bomabenjy

..........................................

Rafael Alejandro Valiente's POV

Tsarskoye Selo, Pushkin, Russia

Markovich Palace

I put my hands deep down my pocket trying to calm my nerves. For the first time in my life I felt horribly nervous. The Grand Duke didn't agree to my wishes, but at least he didn't refuse me in seeing her. 

I was so anxious that I didn't know if I should sit or stand. I was pacing back and forth. The wait was killing me and I'm not known to be a patient person. I lack in that department. 

I whipped my head to the double door when I heard a clicking of the extravagant looking oak door. I was too focused with my mind fixed on how to cajole the Duke to agree with me for my proposal that I didn't bother to look around the expensive interior of the palace. 

Then like a slow motion, the butler opened the door and she smiled at him. When the door closed she looked at me with a wide smile and she ran to me and launched herself onto my arms. I was caught off guard that I stumbled and we both landed on the floor. With her on top of me and she was giggling happily with her hand around my neck. 

**** 

Clara Bell Bennet's POV

I was so happy and excited that I didn't even say goodbye to my grandfather. I just left the study with my head reeling with the thought that Rafael was here to see me. For some reason I felt so happy and excited to see him, so giddy. I guess being stuck here in the palace with no one you knew makes you feel so much like an outcast that knowing Rafael is here makes me all excited and ecstatic.

I forgot all about his rudeness to me and all his womanizing ways. All that matters to me at this moment is that he's here to see me. 

I run across the endless maze of hallways with Rhea following behind me trying to keep up with me. 

When I reach the drawing room, I felt all giddy for some reason. I heaved a loud breath and nodded at Gannon to open the door for me. I walked in slowly then smiled at Gannon. He bowed shortly and closed the door behind him. When I heard the click sound indicating it was closed I looked at Rafael. He looked so anxious and I've never seen him look like that. I missed him so much and I've been thinking about him for the past five months. Seeing him now is so overwhelming that I can't contain my happiness. I just found myself running to him and launched myself into his arms. He was surprised and caught off guard making him stumble on his feet and we landed on the floor with me on top of him. 

The look on his face was priceless, I giggled like a schoolgirl. My heart was racing rapidly, when I smelled his scent that always drove me crazy. He was grinning devilishly and obviously he's enjoying our compromising position. I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. He looked like he was deprived with sleep. I felt a tug in my heart. 

Then he wrapped his muscled hands around my waist holding me in place. When I tried to move, I felt his arousal poking in my thigh. My eyes widened in surprised as I gasped making an 'oh' sound. 

"I missed you!" he admitted softly with his breath fanning my cheeks. I missed him very much, if only he knew. 

"I missed you too!" I confessed as I look down on his lips and it was the wrong thing to do. I just soon found his lips locked on mine.