19

Kay's POV

"I don't know if I'd wanna leave my grandma, I don't want her there by herself with Ron

"I don't know if I'd wanna leave my grandma, I don't want her there by herself with Ron." I said shaking my head.

"So you'd tell him no if he asks you to move in is what you're saying." Jasmine asked me.

"I mean I don't know.." I said moving my mouth to the side.

"Oh my god..." Laysia said holding her mouth and looking down at her phone.

"What?" Jasmine asked.

"Jonathan died..." She said and Jasmine and I jaws dropped.

"How do you know?" I asked her.

"Look" she said handing us the phone.

It was on the NYC crimes page. "A 19 year old man was gunned down and found behind a bodega near 45th street and aurburn."

"Damn behind a bodega tho" Jasmine said.

"Kay you aren't sad are you?" Laysia asked.

"I mean Jonathan once was like my big brother.. even tho we stopped talking because he started to make me feel uncomfortable, He still didn't deserve that." I said.

"Girl after he tried to rape you , you're telling me you feel bad?" Jasmine asked shaking her head.

"Girl shut up." I said rolling my eyes.

"I mean he was like my brother too but he started being weird, I wonder who would wanna do something like that to him tho." Jasmine said.

"Me too.." I said.

"I haven't spoken to his mom and so long , should we call and check on her?" I asked and Laysia and Jasmine both looked at me.

"No, she still need her ass beat for making that runny ass macaroni that one time we went to his family cook out." Jasmine said fanning me off and we laughed.

"Y'all so mean" I said.

"These need to hurry and get back , I want my vanilla milkshake." Laysia said.

"You always hungry." Jasmine said.

"Girl I know you is not talking miss pregnant lady" Laysia said pointing at Jasmine's belly.

"Oh girl not too much" Jasmine said picking up a bag of sour cream cheddar chips.

"See" Laysia said and we all laughed.

"Yoooo we got y'all fat asses food in here" Kobe said coming in the house with bags.

"Finally y'all took forever" Jasmine said.

"Ty got yo nasty ass peanut butter and pickles." Kobe said.

"Here" Ty said handing Jasmine her pickles and peanut butter.