32 | She knows

I sat at the table with a chair empty beside meant for my fiancé, my hands were gently sitting above my lap trying to comfort my leg that hasn't stopped bouncing since I got here

I sat at the table with a chair empty beside meant for my fiancé, my hands were gently sitting above my lap trying to comfort my leg that hasn't stopped bouncing since I got here. I could feel him staring at me, begging me to look at him or even acknowledge him but I don't because if I do, there's no going back for me.

"Where's Bodhi?" Audrey asked.

My throat felt dry, like sandpaper. I cleared my throat before lifting my eyes to meet hers. "He's just a little nervous, he wanted to calm himself before coming inside."

She nods, I could see she wanted to ask more questions but didn't. My dad sipped his alcoholic beverage before turning to look at me, his lips were tightly tucked together.

"Can we talk, preciosa?" My dad asked, his voice soft almost like he was a loving father. (Translation: precious.)

"So talk." I said, dismissing him in front of everyone.

Kaz stared at the exchange between us, he was curious about my cold shoulder with my father that he's never noticed before.

"In private." He said, his jaw tightening just a little.

I rolled my eyes while my hand locked around my wine glass that was filled with white liquid, my head nodded casually trying to feel unaffected by his presence. I stood up and walked out of the hallway and down to another hall, he followed quietly behind me shutting the door and making sure we had complete privacy.

My shoulders were tense like they always were when standing in the same room as him, I stood on the other side of the room leaning against the table.

"What do you want?" I asked, bringing my glass to my lips.

"When you were a little girl, you were such a daddy's girl." He said, his arms crossed over his chest. "You were my little princess."

Does he think I give a fuck? When I was a little I also believed in unicorns and mermaids, so what if I believed he was a good man. My head turned away from him, my eyes focused on the color of the floor and how cold it must be.

"It hurt me to invite those men into our home, but my debt needed to be paid." He said, his eyes staring at mine with no ounce of guilt. "But not as much as it hurt me to record that video of you."

His words were storming inside my head, repeating themselves over and over again trying to make sense of it all. My head slowly lifted as my mouth slightly, and disgust appeared in the weirdest form inside my body. My eyes were filled with rage, my body was practically in flames.

All those years, he acted as if he cared if that man took me as his bride at 11 years old but he had known all along, it was a deal he made. He recorded a video, a very intimate video of his daughter and supposedly his best friend.

"Why?" Harsh tears trickled down my cheeks, and my hand tightened around the glass.

He stepped closer, my body tried stepping away but the table didn't allow me to. My breathing became deeper as he stood only inches away from me, what I've always hated was how similar our eyes were, it pained me to look like him.