| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 |

"Move back Arianna!" She screamed, her body shaking with fear

"Cassie, please." My eyes were already dry from crying and now I'm starting again, my face swollen.

"Do as you're told little princess."  He warned, grabbing the knife tighter to her neck.

"Arianna," She tries to smile despite being in a lot of pain and that made me cry more. "It's definitely not your fault, and I definitely don't want you to cry or worry, beating yourself up for whatever happens now in the future."

"Please, just let her go." I plead, getting on my knees weakly.

"Oh god, the princess— I mean the fucking princess is on her knees in front of me." The masked man laughed, holding her hair tighter.

"I swear to God, when I catch you, your death would be bad." I growl at him, stating my words matter-of-factly.

"That's my girl." Cassie praised, trying her best to smile.

"Times up." The man announced, sliding the knife across her neck in one deep swift motion leaving her falling to the ground before jumping off the building.

"Oh Cassie," I ran as fast as I can to her, covering the cut with my hands, my naive mind trying to stop the bleeding. "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault."

"It's fine, it's fine." She was the one dying and she was the one reassuring me.

"Be happy Arianna." She said, her last words still etched in my mind.

Pain.

The hurt that comes from mental pain.

The pain that you feel knowing you had the chance to save someone but you couldn't.

The pain knowing the person died because of you.

Nothing fazes me anymore but losing the people who gave their best to stay by my side is what scares me.

They are my family. The only people who knows what I've been through. The only people who understands me. The only people I care about apart from my family.

Adrian. We both escaped the torture we faced as a kid. He's like the big brother I never had, the one who makes sure everyone is safe. He basically saved my life and I owe it to him.

Reid.  The lone wolf. The hard and muscle guy out of everyone. He never really speaks about his past but we all know he's been through hell from the scars and marks all over his body.

Vera. The cherry one. The only one who puts smiles on our faces without even trying. She's always there for us, to clean up our injuries or wounds whenever we get back from deadly missions. She's the caretaker and smartest out of everyone.

Cade. We met on a mission years ago and I couldn't just leave the wounded teen alone. Now he's the one who makes sure we get all of our weapons. Even when he's at Australia as a spy, he still get on my nerves by endangering himself and doing the silliest things for fun.