Chapter XXV

Bad end

.

.

.

"The door is unlocked...? I'm pretty sure I locked it before I left..." I thought as I stared at my door in fear. Did someone break in while I was away? No, I don't think so... The door itself would be damaged if that were the case. But still...

Without thinking of any possibilities, I opened my door and made my way inside as quietly as I could. I looked around the living room and kitchen, and surprisingly, everything was still there. No TV or anything else was taken. Which is a good thing; but the door... I know for a fact that I locked it. And I know that It couldn't be my parents since they wouldn't have a key. Actually, when was the last time I talked to them..?

"Hello..? Is anyone in here?" I called out in my supposed empty apartment, somewhat expecting to hear something or someone, but it was dead silent. "I guess no one-"

"Hello, y/n." I let out a scream as I heard a voice next to me, making jumped back while looking at the source.

"D-Doe?! What are you doing in my house?!" I yelled while demanding an answer. How did he get here? How did he know where I lived? Why is he here?!

"You know... It's really unfair."

"What? What are you talking about?!"

"It's really unfair that you didn't give me a chance... I... I did everything right... I did everything I thought you'd like..."

"What the hell is he talking about..?"

"I can be anything you want!" From the minute Doe said those words, his whole form began to glitch out. As that was happening, I noticed a familiar face; a large smile and very big eyes...

"That face, it's the same one I've been seeing in my dreams! But-" Just as I was going to question myself any further, I noticed that my whole living began to shift, just like Doe. It keeps on going between the room we're standing in, and another room that looks so familiar. "That room, it's... My living room... But..."

Once I turned my attention back to Doe, not only did the room change; but so did Doe. He looks somewhat, different than before. Instead of five fingers, he now has four. His whole body appearance has changed as well: It's almost like a mix of all the different versions I've seen of him. His hair was still the same, and his body structure was still there, roughly. But it was his eyes and mouth that changed. It was at that moment that something in my mind just clicked. It's like, a piece of glass just shattered in my head.

"The dreams weren't dreamed at all... Everything... The person in those dreams was the same one..! All of it was real, and all because of Doe... But, why...?"

"What's wrong with me?" Doe asked as he just looked at me with this scared expression. Almost as if he just realized that not only did he expose himself, but everything else. "Don't you love me...?"

"This guy, Doe, Is... Insane..!"

"I... I don't love you. You... You don't even know me at all!" I yelled at him while his nervous-like smile turned into a frown. "You're just a creepy stalker! I want you to leave me alone, Doe." I said to him and stood firm in my response. It was then that I heard something: It was like, the sound of glass when it's cracking, but It didn't come from my apartment, It came from my mind.

"I... I don't understand... I did everything right..." He said as he tries desperately to reach out to me, but he wasn't able to touch me; as there was something between us. A wall? No, more like a glass wall.

"Why don't you love me?" Doe asked as he was getting more and more desperate of wanting me within his reach, but the wall prevented him from doing anything. At first, I didn't understand why that was until I looked at my hands. Or rather; where my hands should be.

"My body, it's vanishing..." I thought to myself while looking at my whole, somewhat half of a body. So this is why he's more desperate all of sudden. Does this also mean... "I'll be free?" As my body is disappearing bit by bit, I couldn't but stare at Doe for the very last time. This will probably be the last time I'll ever see his face, so I might as well, as a bitter farewell.

"Why..."

"Goodbye, Doe," I say to him while closing my eyes and beginning to fade away.

"NO!!!" He yelled while hitting the wall. "DON'T LEAVE ME!!!! I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE!!!!" I won't deny that I pity him slightly, but this whole thing alone, keeping me in this loop, It's just not right!

"I'm sorry Doe, but you can't just keep me here!" I kept my eyes closed tightly while my body suddenly felt lighter. And then, I heard the sound of glass shattering and Doe's voice is becoming distant.

"Please... Don't leave me here..."

"The minute I wake up, I'll pack my bags and get a bus ride back to dad and pop. I can no longer stay in Uncanny Valley."

.

.

.

The end

(Well, that's it. John Doe is done now🥺Will I add in something extra? No, I'm proud of what I got, so all the imagination of what happens afterward is all up to you all. What will I do next? I don't know yet, but I'll figure it out, but for now, I'll take a break from writing. And thank you all, for giving my John Doe story a chance🥰)