65

Colby's POV

"Are we gonna talk about what's going on between you and Jules or...?" Sam asked as I drove us to base.

"What's there to talk about?" I hummed. "Gee, I don't know. You guys were pretty affectionate with eachother this morning." Corey said with a laugh.

"Were we?" I asked with fake confusion. "Oh my god. You're exhausting." Sam said as I pulled up to the base.

"She admitted that she loves me too. That's all." I said with a shrug. "I didn't think this day would ever come. I'm happy for you though." Sam said with a grin.

"Thanks, man. We have to really focus today though. Jules said that Will was acting suspicious. Don't mention her while we are here. The less attention we put on her, the better." I said then parked the car.

"Whipped Colby is back." Corey said as I nodded. "No. Protective Colby is back and if you cross me I'll cut you." I said as he chuckled.

"Mhm." He hummed as we got out of the car. I was a little nervous to bring the guys down to our base.

The last time they were here was when Julia was basically dead.

I hadn't been fully appointed to the secret society and it was technically disbanded at that point since there was no leader.

Things were different and dangerous now.

"Nobody speaks. I know you guys know how this works." I said and led the way towards the elevator.

"Yeah, we'll be on our best behavior." Sam said as Corey nodded.

"Smart of you to leave Jake the first day." Corey said with a laugh.

"Yeah, love the guy but the idea of him being down here stresses me out." I said then opened the door.

When we got downstairs, I put a harder look on my face. I was pissed off that they let Adam escape but after hearing that Will was acting suspicious, it was probably intentional.

"Mr. Brock. Welcome back." Steve said from behind the front desk.

I glared at him and kept walking, not wanting to even greet him.

Everyone needed to know I was mad.

I didn't bother going to my office and went straight to Will's.

"Oh! Wasn't expecting you here." Will said as I opened the door.

"I hope you enjoyed your little moment of being in charge." I said as he looked behind me, seeing the guys.

"They aren't allowed down here." He said as I shook my head. "I'm in charge. They're fine." I said blandly.

"I need to speak with you about an issue." I said and slowly walked in front of him.

"In front of them?" Will asked as I clenched my jaw. "If you're gonna keep talking back I'll make sure you never speak at all." I snapped, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Sorry." Will said, putting his hands up in defense.

"What have you been up to?" I asked, getting straight to the point. If he was being shady, he wouldn't truthfully answer this question but I had other things up my sleeve.

"Working on drug routes and jobs. All I did was take over what you do." Will said as I nodded.

"You'll need to brief me on exactly what you've been doing." I said and crossed my arms.

"Of course. Whenever you'd like." He said with a nod. I couldn't help but smirk at how quickly he was folding.

I wasn't even close to done though.